Full docket of games today (15) scattered from 7:05pm -10:10pm. The highest of the pitchers is Chris Sale ($10,900) who will face the Toronto Blue Jays
Weather (as of now):
I'm nervous about a few matchups. Seattle at Baltimore has rain; Miami at Washington has rain, Atlanta and Philadelphia has rain. Heavy clouds over Cleveland NY Yankees (but I think this one will be fine). I'm avoiding the other three.
Target: Chris Sale ($10,900) at Toronto
1. Reason for concern in allowing 4 ER and 6 ER in the last two outings BUT prior to that any outing where he allowed more than 4 ER he bounced back with EITHER 13 SO or a win. I'll take either or both.
2. Last 5 away matches only one with fewer than 9 strikeouts
3. He's gone win-less in 3 and I feel like tonight is a W.
Stack Against: Brett Anderson vs. Boston
1. Allowed 5 ER or more in 3 of his last 4 starts.
2. Pitched fewer than 3 IP in 3 of his last four
3. After struggling through the Baltimore series losing all three and getting out scored 25 - 4 they bounced back with a 6-5 win yesterday. I think they are primed for a BIG night.
Two Hitters I like:
- Greg Bird ($2,300) this is a gamble but he's had 2 RBI and 1 run in his three games back and I feel like he's due for a HR in one of the next 3 games given how well he did in his MiLB stint.
- Jorge Polanco ($3,600) a little pricey but he has 2 HR and 4RBI's across 11AB against James Shields. 6 hits across his last 15 AB.
Two Hitters to avoid:
- Any player on Washington, Miami, Seattle, Baltimore, Atlanta and Philadelphia.
Jonathan Lucroy (C )
Greg Bird (1B)
Eduardo Nunez (2B)
Paul DeJong (SS)
Jorge Polanco (3B)
Ryan Braun (OF)
Delino Deshields (OF)
Chris Young (OF)