- Aaron Nola tossed 7 innings of 1 run ball in a win over the Braves. The Phillies starter allowed 5 hits and struck out 6. Nola improved to 10-9 on the year with a 3.46 ERA. Rhys Hoskins ended his streak of 5 straight games with a home run. He did however finish 2 for 4 with a double. He had 1 RBI and 2 runs scored.
- Jose Ramirez launched a pair of solo home runs in a Indians win over the Yankees. Ramirez also stole a base. He now has a .300 average with 20 HR 14 SB and 84 runs scored. Corey Kluber went 8 innings with 7 Ks in the win. Kluber allowed 3 hits and 2 runs. He is 13-4 with a 2.63 ERA.
- Max Scherzer was dominant in his return from the DL. He allowed 1 run on 5 hits over 7 innings of work. The Nationals ace had 10 Ks in route to the win over the Marlins. Scherzer now sports a 2.21 ERA on the season.
- Mike Montgomery went 7 innings allowing 6 hits and 1 run in a win over the Pirates. The Cubs starter had 4 Ks in the outing. Montgomery has been starting in place of an injuried Jon Lester. If Lester can't go, Montgomery would get a nice home start against the Braves later this week.
- Lorenzo Cain had a pair of double but the rest of the Royals offense went hitless in a 12-0 loss to the Rays. The Royals have been shut out in 4 straight games. Logan Morrison was 2 for 4 with a HR and 4 RBI in the win. Morrison now has 32 HR and 74 RBI on the season.
Aaron Nola, Jose Ramirez, Mike Montgomery, more!
A look at the fantasy performances from August 28, 2017