- Matt Moore tossed 6 innings of 1 run ball in a Giants win over the Brewers. He had 6 strikeouts and picked up a no decision. Mark Melancon pitched a scoreless 8th inning. Sam Dyson followed by nailing down the save in the 9th. Dyson did allow a solo home run. It will be interesting to see how the Giants play the 9th inning role going forward.
- Rich Hill threw 9 no hit innings against the Pirates but his offense let him down. Hill entered the bottom of the 10th inning with the game still tied at 0. Josh Harrison would proceed to hit a walk off solo HR. Hill finished with 10 strikeouts in the loss. He now has a 3.32 ERA and 1.14 WHIP this season. Harrison's HR was his 16th this year.
- Rhys Hoskins went 2 for 3 with a 3-run HR in a Phillies win over the Marlins. Hoskins also doubled and finished with 5 RBI. Hoskins has burst on the scene with 7 HR and 16 RBI in just 14 games since his call up to the bigs.
- Alex Bregman went 2 for 5 with a 3-run HR in an Astros win over the Nationals. Bregman is hitting .278 with 16 HR with 66 runs scored on the year. Jake Marisnick had a solo home run and a steal. He has quitely had a solid 15 HR 7 SB season.
- Luke Weaver was phenomenal in a spot start against the Padres. He tossed 7 scoreless innings allowing just 3 hits while striking out 10. Weaver is replacing Adam Wainwright while he is on the DL. Weaver is a much more intriguing fantasy option so fingers crossed he stays in the rotation.
Rich Hill, Rhys Hoskins, Luke Weaver, more!
A look at the fantasy performances from August 23, 2017