Full docket of games today (15) scattered from 1:05pm -10:15pm The highest of the pitchers is Dallas Keuchel ($9,600) who will face the Tampa Bay Rays.
Weather (as of now):
Lots of storms - the east is getting hit in New York, Boston and Baltimore as well as into the Midwest in Chicago .
Target: Dallas Keuchel ($9,600) Hou vs. Tampa Bay
1. His last 5 home games he's allowed 1 run or fewer
2. His last 5 home games he's gone at least 6 innings
3. His last 5 home games he's had 32 K's over 34 innings.
Stack Against: Brent Suter, Milwaukee Brewers
1. Everything says Brent should do well - he's allowed 0 runs in his last 4 home games pitched.
2. He has 25 K's over his last 5 starts, again, he should do well.
3. The Cardinals have scored just 7 runs over their last 5 games.
4. All of these speak to picking Suter to do well but I think a handful of Cardinals could have a big day - namely Jedd Gyorko and Randal Grichuk.
Two Hitters I like:
- Jedd Gyorko ($3,000). Currently in a 0 for 11 slump, I think he can bounce back today against Brent Suter with a 1-2 hit game. (He is batting .308 with 10 RBI against lefties)
- Wil Myers ($2,800) this is 100% gut feeling. I think he's in for a HR today.
Two Hitters to avoid:
- Manny Machado ($3,700) he has a .143 across 7 AB against Jason Vargars, it's not a large sample size but for that cost and his intermittent cold patches this year, I'm avoiding it.
- Francisco Lindor ($4,000) first, yesterday's deep slug fest might have some players feeling gassed. Second, he has a career batting avg of .143 against Rick Porcello.
Mike Zunino (C )
Wil Myers (1B)
Whit Merrifield (2B)
Freddy Galvis (SS)
Jedd Gyorko (3B)
Randal Grichuk (OF)
Bryce Harper (OF)
Joc Pederson (OF)