- Ryan Zimmerman was 2 for 3 with a 2-run HR in a Nationals loss to the Angels. Zimmerman now has 28 HR and 85 RBI on the year. He’s hitting .423 with 4 HR and 9 RBI in his past 7 games. Tanner Roark was solid in the loss. He tossed 7 innings allowing 3 runs with 3 strikeouts. He now has 5 quality starts in his past 6 outings.
- Corey Knebel nailed down his 24th save of the year in a Brewers win over the Pirates. Knebel has been a huge fantasy surprise this season. In addition to the saves, Knebel has a 1.41 ERA 1.15 WHIP and 98 Ks over 57.1 IP. Neil Walker was 2 for 3 with a 2-run HR in the win. Walker has been solid all season but remains mostly an NL only option. The trade to acquire Walker puts Jonathan Villar on the outside looking in in terms of playing time. Villar was the #4 overall hitter in fantasy last year. This season, he’s not even roster worthy in most leagues.
- Clayton Richard went the distance and the Padres ran wild in a win over the Phillies. Richard tossed a complete game shutout allowing just 3 hits while striking out 6. Despite a 4.84 season ERA, this is his 2nd complete game and his 5th start going at least 8 IP. Wil Myers was 2 for 2 with 3 steals, including stealing home. This was 3 of 5 total steals by San Diego. Myers is hitting .240 on the year with 24 HR and 14 SB.
- Lorenzo Cain went 2 for 3 with a homer and 2 RBI in a Royals win against the Athletics. Cain is hitting .341 since the All-Star break with 8 SB in that span. Rajai Davis went 2 for 5 with a run and a stolen base in the loss. Davis has 26 SB on the year and 16 SB in his past 30 games. The 36 year old offers value in a category that is hard to fill.
- Marcus Stroman pitched around 6 hits and 3 walks to allow just 2 runs in 6.1 innings of work in a win over the Rays. The Blue Jays starter had 7 Ks in the game. Stroman improved to 11-6 on the season with a 2.99 ERA. Jacob Faria went 5.1 innings allowing 3 runs with just 3 strikeouts. Faria started his big league career off hot but has cooled quite a bit since. He has given up at least 3 runs in 5 of his past 6 starts which translates to a 5.08 ERA in that span.
Ryan Zimmerman, Lorenzo Cain, Wil Myers, more!
A look at the fantasy performances from August 16, 2017