- Alex Bregman was 2 for 5 with an RBI triple in an Astros win over the Diamondbacks. Bregman started slow this season but has been on a bit of a hot streak. He is hitting .331 with 5 HR and 6 SB. He also has 15 doubles and 4 triples in that span. Max Stassi went 2 for 4 with a home run and a double. He had 2 RBI and 2 runs in the win. Stassi should see pretty regular playing time with Brian McCann going on the DL and Evan Gattis still on the concussion DL.
- Gio Gonzalez pitched well in a win against the Angels. The Nationals starter tossed 6 scoreless innings allowing just 2 hits with 4 Ks. He lowered his season ERA to 2.49 which is 3rd best in the league. Whether it be by skill, luck, or a bit of both, Gonzalez has been an outstanding fantasy SP this season. Howie Kendrick went 2 for 4 with a pair of solo home runs. He’s missed most of the year due to injury but Kendrick has been solid when healthy and in the lineup. He’s hitting .351 and fits nicely on a Nationals team who just lost Bryce Harper.
- Madison Bumgarner went 6 innings allowing 4 runs in a win over the Marlins. He struck out 4. Bumgarner now has a 2.99 ERA. He has yet to regain his full elite status pre dirt bike accident but he should be viewed as one of the top SP options in next years draft. Giancarlo Stanton hit another home run. Copy and paste for the last 6 days.
- Gary Sanchez went 2 for 3 with a solo HR and 2 RBI in a Yankees win over the Mets. It was his 2nd straight game with a homer and his 4th long shot in the past 7 games. He now has 21 HR and 59 RBI on the season. Aroldis Chapman finished the 9th inning out for a save but gave up a 2-run HR to Amed Rosario in the process. Luckily he had a 3 run lead to play with. Chapman has been shaky over the past several appearances but a change at closer does not seem imminent.
- Danny Salazar was dominant in an 8-1 Indians win over the Twins. He went 7 innings allowing just 3 hits and 1 run with no walks and 10 Ks. Salazar has been great since returning from the DL and is quickly making huge leaps in fantasy rankings. Carlos Santana went 3 for 3 with a pair of home runs. He had 3 runs and 3 RBI in the win. Santana now has 18 HR 63 RBI and 70 runs this year.
Gio Gonzalez, Aroldis Chapman, Danny Salazar, more!
A look at the fantasy performances from August 15, 2017