Full docket of games today (15) scattered from 3:40pm -10:10pm The highest of the pitchers is Jacob deGrom ($10,600) who will face the New York Yankees.
Weather (as of now):
Some potential rain in Colorado but we should be fine for all games.
Target: Dinelson Lamet ($8,300) vs. Philadelphia Phillies
1. This is equal parts confidence IN Jason Hammel as confidence AGAINST Philadelphia (currently 2nd fewest runs in MLB when on the road)
2. 2 runs allowed or fewer over his last 4 starts to go with at least 5 strikeouts and at least 5 innings pitched.
3. At home, Dinelson has allowed a TOTAL of 13 runs across 5 starts. This includes on start with 7 ER.
Stack Against: Anthony Banda vs. Houston Astros
1. Houston has lost 6 of their last 7 games.
2. They just got blanked by Zach Greinke
3. They have scored 3 runs or fewer in 5 of their last 6
4. All of that says I should trust in Anthony but I think they come out in full form today. Talking 16-7 Toronto on August 4th kind of stuff.
Two Hitters I like:
- Brian Dozier ($3,900) across 29 AB he's batting .414 with 2HR against Danny Salazar
- Starling Marte ($2,900) don't let his average fool you, he's disatastrous against LHP (.174; 0 HR; 2 RBI across 20 games) but great against RHP (.266; 2HR; 10RBI across 37 games). He's batting .500 against Zach Davies.
Two Hitters to avoid:
- Wilsson Contreras ($3,400) still listed as injured, he's the most expensive catcher. Be careful.
- Ryan Braun ($4,400) batting just .167 across 6 AB against Ivan Nova. After 3 straight power games, I bet he's hurting with his history.
Buster Posey (C )
Paul Goldschmidt (1B)
Brian Dozier (2B)
Ketel Marte (SS)
Alex Bregman (3B)
Josh Reddick (OF)
Adam Jones (OF)