- The Reds brought their power bats in a 10-3 win over the Padres. 4 Reds hitters went yard in the win. Scooter Gennett went 2 for 4 with a grand slam. He now has 19 HR and 64 RBI on the year with a .294 average. Zack Cozart was 2 for 4 with a 2-run HR and 2 runs scored. Cozart has dealt with injuries a bit this year but has been solid when healthy. Joey Votto and Eugenio Suarez each had solo home runs as well.
- Gerrit Cole pitched well in a win over the Tigers. The Pirates starter tossed 8 innings of 3 run ball with 7 strikeouts. He now has 7 straight quality starts. Cole’s ERA over that stretch is 2.74. He also has an even 9 K/9 in those outings. Josh Bell was 2 for 4 with a 3-run HR. Bell is hitting .255 on the year with 20 HR and 62 RBI.
- Jacob deGrom was pitching well before leaving his start against the Phillies early. The Mets starter went 6.2 scoreless innings allowing just 4 hits before being hit in the throwing arm by a comeback line drive. He had 9 Ks in the win. X-rays were negative and fantasy owners will anxiously await news on his status going forward. deGrom has been the lone bright spot in the Mets rotation this year. He is 13-5 on the year with a 3.21 ERA.
- Danny Salazar tosses 5.1 innings of 1 run ball in a no decision against the Rays. He pitched around 7 hits and 4 walks while striking out 8. Since returning to the rotation, Salazar has allowed just 4 runs over 25.1 IP with 36 Ks. Corey Dickerson had a 3-run HR in the win. He has 22 HR and 69 runs scored this season.
- Dexter Fowler went 2 for 4 with a grand slam in a Cardinals win over the Royals. He would finish with 5 RBI and 2 runs scored. Fowler is hitting .251 with 15 HR and 50 runs scored this year. Trevor Rosenthal recorded the final 4 outs of the game to nail down his 10th save on the year. He had 1 strikeout and did not allow a run. He has just 1 earned run since July 4.
Gerrit Cole, Jacob deGrom, Danny Salazar, more!
A look at the fantasy performances from August 10, 2017