Full docket of games today (15) scattered from 7:05pm -10:10pm The highest of the pitchers is Max Scherzer ($11,500) who will face the Miami Marlins. Today the premium pitchers scare me (besides Max) because they face the: Cleveland Indians, Houston Astros and Arizona Diamondbacks, that is not an easy trio.
Weather (as of now):
Potential storms at Boston and Chicago White Sox.
Target: Jhoulys Chacin ($7,600) San Diego Padres vs. Minnesota Twins
1. His last 5 home games he's allowed 3 runs or fewer
2. His last 5 home games he's gone at least 5 innings
3. His last 5 home games he's had 23 K's over 30 innings or .76 k's per inning. All of this as the 16th most expensive pitcher.
Stack Against: Steven Matz, New York Mets - continuing to stack against him
1. I trust in his talent, but not in how he is pitching this year.
2. Combined 16 ER over his last 3 starts.
3. vs Colorado...at Colorado.
Two Hitters I like:
- Jose Ramirez ($3,000) 3 games without an RBI or Run, he's been so good I have trouble seeing it go a 4th, for that cost it's worth the upside. Classic buy low candidate (oh yeah and he is batting .357 AGAINST Chris Sale).
- Alex Bregman ($2,900) this seems like a steal for a guy who has gone 3/7 with 3 RBI's and 4 runs over his last two games not to mention has a .268.
Two Hitters to avoid:
- Anthony Rizzo ($4,400) that's expensive for someone who is injured and not 100% sure he'll play.
- Neil Walker ($3,800) - first I keep waiting for Jeff Hoffman to bounce back into pure form again. Second, Neil has averaged 2.5 points per match over his last 4 games.
JT Realmuto (C )
Joey Gallo (1B)
Jose Ramirez (2B)
Jean Segura (SS)
Alex Bregman (3B)
Andrew Benintendi (OF) - last 5 games after sporting 0 points in Fanduel - 12.2; 9.7; 15.2; 0; 6.5 = average of 8.7
Bryce Harper (OF)
Charlie Blackmon (OF )