- Gio Gonzalez held the Marlins hitless over 8 innings before giving up a lead off single to Dee Gordon in the 9th. Gonzalez would allow just the 1 hit over 8 innings with 5 strikeouts. The outing improves his record to 9-5 and lowers his ERA to 2.66.
- Danny Duffy tossed 7 innings of 1 run ball allowing 7 hits while striking out 6. Duffy scored a no decision for the start. He now has a 3.42 ERA and 1.26 WHIP. Eric Homser was 2 for 3 with an RBI double in the loss. Homser is hitting .323 with 16 HR and 56 RBI on the year.
- Rafael Devers was 4 for 4 with a double and 1 RBI in a Red Sox win over the Indians. Devers has gotten off to a hot start to his career with a .417 average 2 HR and 4 RBI. Eduardo Nunez was 3 for 5 with 2 doubles and 2 RBI. Nunez also has a steal. Bradley Zimmer had a 2-run HR in the loss.
- Luis Severino went 5 innings allowing 4 hits and 1 run in a winning effort over the Tigers. The Yankees starter had 8 strikeouts in the contest. This lowers his season ERA to 2.98. Aroldis Chapman recorded the final 2 outs of the game to record the save. Chapman now has a 2.97 ERA with 13 saves on the season. Aaron Judge launched his 34th HR of the year in the win as well.
- Cesar Hernandez was 2 for 4 with a triple and 2 runs scored in a Phillies win over the Braves. Hernandez also had a stolen base in the game. He has been solid this year hitting .288 with 51 runs scored 6 HR and 10 SB despite missing time with injury. Very serviceable numbers at 2B. Odubel Herrera and Maikel Franco each had homers in the win.
A look at the fantasy performances from July 31, 2017