- Gio Gonzalez held the Marlins hitless over 8 innings before giving up a lead off single to Dee Gordon in the 9th. Gonzalez would allow just the 1 hit over 8 innings with 5 strikeouts. The outing improves his record to 9-5 and lowers his ERA to 2.66.
- Danny Duffy tossed 7 innings of 1 run ball allowing 7 hits while striking out 6. Duffy scored a no decision for the start. He now has a 3.42 ERA and 1.26 WHIP. Eric Homser was 2 for 3 with an RBI double in the loss. Homser is hitting .323 with 16 HR and 56 RBI on the year.
- Rafael Devers was 4 for 4 with a double and 1 RBI in a Red Sox win over the Indians. Devers has gotten off to a hot start to his career with a .417 average 2 HR and 4 RBI. Eduardo Nunez was 3 for 5 with 2 doubles and 2 RBI. Nunez also has a steal. Bradley Zimmer had a 2-run HR in the loss.
- Luis Severino went 5 innings allowing 4 hits and 1 run in a winning effort over the Tigers. The Yankees starter had 8 strikeouts in the contest. This lowers his season ERA to 2.98. Aroldis Chapman recorded the final 2 outs of the game to record the save. Chapman now has a 2.97 ERA with 13 saves on the season. Aaron Judge launched his 34th HR of the year in the win as well.
- Cesar Hernandez was 2 for 4 with a triple and 2 runs scored in a Phillies win over the Braves. Hernandez also had a stolen base in the game. He has been solid this year hitting .288 with 51 runs scored 6 HR and 10 SB despite missing time with injury. Very serviceable numbers at 2B. Odubel Herrera and Maikel Franco each had homers in the win.
Gio Gonzalez, Rafael Devers, Luis Severino, more!
A look at the fantasy performances from July 31, 2017