- Michael Wacha went 5.2 innings allowing 2 runs in a win over the Marlins. The Cardinals starter had 9 strikeouts in the outing. This is now his 4th straight start allowing 2 or fewer runs and also his 2nd straight start of 9 Ks. Unfortunately, he has yet to pitch past 6 innings during that stretch. For Miami, all of their damage came from the bat of Marcell Ozuna. Ozuna was 3 for 5 with 3 RBI, bringing his season total to 67 RBI. Ozuna fell off in the 2nd half last season but they was due to an injury. A healthy Ozuna should keep his hot hitting going during the hot months. Dee Gordon was 2 for 4 with 3 runs scored. He also stole 2 bases giving him 31 SB for the season.
- Domingo Santana had a huge game in a 11-2 Brewers win over the Cubs. Santana was 4 for 5 with 2 doubles and 2 RBI. He also added 3 runs scored and a steal. He entered the game as a top 25 OF for the season and this performance will only help him improve on that ranking. He has 14 HR 9 SB 47 RBI and 52 runs while hitting .288. Zach Davies went 6 innings of 2 run ball with 3 Ks in the win. Despite a season ERA of 4.90, Davies improved to a record of 10-4.
- Adam Duvall was 2 for 5 with a solo home run and 2 RBI in a Reds win over the Rockies. Duvall now has 20 HR and 61 RBI this season while batting a solid .280. For Colorado, Charlie Blackmon was 2 for 4 with a steal. Blackmon, who has stole 43 bases in 2015, has 7 steals this season. One reason could be that 40% of his hits this year have gone for extra bases. Despite the SB total, Blackmon is still the #3 OF in fantasy.
- Want to make a name for yourself? How about beat Chris Sale? Jacob Faria did just that and did it in impressive fashion. Faria pitched 6 innings allowing just 1 run on 4 hits against the Red Sox. The Rays rookie struck out 2 and walked 4. He’s now 4-0 on the season with a 2.11 ERA and 0.97 WHIP. He’s gone at least 6 innings in every outing making him 6 for 6 in quality starts. The walks are worrying but this is his 1st start where that has been an issue.
- Cleveland beat up on the Padres 11-2. Edwin Encarnacion was 4 for 5 with a home run and 4 runs scored. He would finish with 2 RBI. The days of worrying about him during April and early May seem like distance memories now. Jose Ramirez 3 for 5 with a home run and 3 RBI. Ramirez has a .330 average with 16 HR 45 RBI and 60 runs on the season.
Domingo Santana, Jacob Faria, Charlie Blackmon, more!
A look at the fantasy performances from July 6, 2017