- Adrian Beltre accomplished history on Sunday by becoming the 31st player in MLB history to reach 3,000 career hits. Beltre is also tied for 14th all-time with 605 career doubles, tied for 20th all-time with 5,041 career bases, and 38th all-time with 454 career home runs. Have a career, Adrian!
- Andrew McCutchen was 3 for 3 with 3 solo home runs in a Pirates win over the Padres. He finished with 4 runs scored as well. McCutchen has been great this year with 22 HR 66 RBI and a .292 average. Gerrit Cole pitched great a winning effort. Cole went 7 innings allowing just 1 run on 5 hits while striking out 8. He improved to 9-7 on the season with a 3.97 ERA.
- James Paxton finished off an undefeated July with a win over the Mets. Paxton tossed 6 shutout innings allowing 6 hits with 8 Ks. He is a perfect 6-0 in July with an impressive 1.37 ERA over 39.1 innings. Nelson Cruz hit a 3-run HR in the 1st inning. Cruz now has 21 HR on the year and lead the AL with 79 RBI.
- Not only did Steve Pearce hit 2 grand slams in the matter of 4 days, in both occasions they were walk-off hits! Pearce finished the thrilling 11-10 win over the Angels going 2 for 4. He has 10 HR and 32 RBI on the season for the Blue Jays. Albert Pujols was 3 for 5 with a pair of homers in the loss. He finished with 4 RBI and 3 runs scored. The big game gives him 16 HR on the year with a .233 average.
- Justin Upton hit a grand slam in a 13-1 Tigers win over the Astros. Upton finished going 4 for 5 with 6 RBI. He now has 17 HR 30 doubles and 67 RBI on the year. Justin Verlander may or may not have made his last start as a Tigers. If he did, it was a great send off. Verlander went 6 scoreless innings with 6 Ks. He lowered his season ERA to 4.29 with the winning effort.
Adrian Beltre, Andrew McCutchen, James Paxton, more!
A look at the fantasy performances from July 30, 2017