- So the Nationals hit a lot of home runs. 8 in total, including 5 in one inning! Bryce Harper would go 3 for 5 with a pair of homers. He finished with 4 RBI and 3 runs scored. Harper is hitting .338 with 27 HR 79 RBI and 86 runs scored this season. Ryan Zimmerman also had 2 homers in the win. Zimmerman has cooled quite a bit since his epic 1st half but he still had a .318 average with 22 HR and 72 RBI on the year. Max Scherzer did not need all 15 runs as he went 6 innings allowing just 3 hits and 1 run. Scherzer had 9 Ks in the win and now has a 2.23 ERA for the season. Probably the most shocking part of this game was that Adam Lind stole a base! This is his 1st stolen base since April 6 of 2013!
- Sean Manaea was solid in a no decision against the Blue Jays. The Athletics starter went 7 innings allowing 3 runs while striking out 7. Manaea has gone at least 7 innings in all but 1 of his 5 July starts. Manaea has a 3.71 ERA over that stretch which is right in line with his season ERA of 3.82. Josh Donaldson was 2 for 5 with a solo HR in the win for Toronto. Donaldson was a top 30 player in fantasy last year but has failed to reach that status this season. Injuries have played a big part of it but the .242 average doesn’t help.
- Dee Gordon was 2 for 4 with a steal in a Marlins win over the Reds. Gordon has been great this year with a .294 average 63 runs and 37 SB. Christian Yelich was 1 for 4 with 2 runs scored and 1 stolen base. Yelich is 9 for 17 with 2 HR 1 SB 5 RBI and 8 runs in his last 4 games.
- Kyle Schwarber was 3 for 4 with 2 homers in a Cubs win over the White Sox. He had 4 RBI and a triple as well. Anthony Rizzo was 2 for 4 with a solo HR and a steal. Rizzo had 24 HR 6 SB and 67 RBI on the season. For the White Sox, Jose Abreu hit 2 solo bombs. He is hitting .297 with 18 HR this year.
- A J.D. Martinez grand slam was all Zack Godley needed to put the Diamondbacks over the Cardinals. The 4-run blast ended up being the only runs either team would score. For Martinez, this was his 4th HR in the past 4 days. Godley tossed 7 shutout innings allowing just 4 hits while striking out 7. The outing also lowers his ERA to 3.06.
A look at the fantasy performances from July 27, 2017