- Luis Severino pitched great in a Yankees win over the Reds. The Yankees starter pitched 7 innings allowing 2 runs (both unearned) while striking out 9. He has just 1 earned run allowed over his last 3 starts. Didi Gregorius was 1 for 4 with a 2-run HR. This is his 3rd straight game with a home run. He has 4 HR in total during this 3 game stretch.
- Alex Cobb held the Orioles to just 1 run over 7 innings of work in route to his 9th win of the year. The Rays pitcher had 6 Ks in the outing. This is his 4th straight start of at least 7 IP. He has a 1.48 ERA in that stretch. In fact, Cobb has a 2.24 ERA since June 9. Evan Longoria went 3 for 4 with a 2-run HR. He now has a .273 average with 15 HR and 61 RBI.
- Chris Sale is having a season for the ages. For his latest trick, Sale went 7 scoreless allowing just 3 hits with 11 strikeouts in a win over the Mariners. This is the 14th double digit strikeout game for Sale this year. He now boasts a 2.37 ERA 0.88 WHIP and 211 Ks this season. Rafael Devers made his 1st career hit a memorable one with a solo home run during the 3rd inning. Devers would finish 2 for 4 in the game. The trade for Eduardo Nunez does put Devers future in question but perhaps this performance will keep him around.
- J.D. Martinez powered the Diamondbacks offense to a 10-4 win over the Braves. Martinez was 2 for 4 with a pair of 2-run homers. He now has all 3 of his home runs since joining the Diamondbacks in this 3 game set against Atlanta. Paul Goldschmidt was 2 for 2 with 2 doubles and 3 runs scored. He also drew 3 walks. A .314 average with a .436 on base percentage and 80 runs scored are the season marks for Goldschmidt.
- Nationals Park was treated to a pitchers duel not many would have expected back in April. The battle of Jimmy Nelson vs Gio Gonzalez! Gonzalez went 7 innings allowing 2 runs on 5 hits while striking out 8. He has a 2.81 ERA on the year. Nelson matched Gonzalez with 7 solid innings of his own. The Brewers starter allowed just 1 run on 4 hits while striking out 10. Nelson has a 3.31 ERA with 142 Ks over 127.2 innings this season. Both starters recorded a no decision.
Luis Severino, Alex Cobb, Rafael Devers, more!
A look at the fantasy performances from July 26, 2017