Full docket of games today (15) scattered from 2:20pm -10:15pm The highest of the pitchers is Madison Bumgarner ($10,200) who will face the Pittsburgh Pirates
Weather (as of now):
Potential storms on the horizon for Houston @ Philadelphia
Target: Mike Clevinger ($8,200) vs. Los Angeles Angels. I must be missing something, he's the 13th most expensive pitcher and yet..
1. In his last 6 starts he has given up 5 ER...5 TOTAL across 6 outings.
2. In his last 4 starts he's gone at least 6 IP.
3. In his last 6 starts he has provided 35 SO. That's over a strikeout per inning.
4. LAA has scored the 5th fewest runs.
Stack Against: Carlos Rodon @ Chicago Cubs Theo Epstein vs. Rick Hahn in the cross town matchup
1. He has allowed at least 5 ER in his last two outings.
2. He has struck out just 4 in each of his last 2 outings while walking 3
3. The Cubs are 8-2 over their last 10 scoring 57 runs (easy math here 5.7 runs per game) over that time.
Two Hitters I like:
- Gerardo Parra ($3,100) 26 AB against Lance Lynn and not only is he batting .500!! but he has 3 home runs and 6 RBIs
- Justin Upton ($3,800) 14 AB against Danny Duffy and he has a .429 with 2 Home Runs and 4 RBIs
Two Hitters I'd avoid:
- Salvador Perez ($3,100) batting a meager .154 across 13 AB against Michael Fulmer
Starling Marte ($3,100) across 6 AB he is at .167 against Madison Bumgarner, probably because it's Madison Bumgarner.
Wilsson Contreras (C )
Lucas Duda (1B)
Yoan Moncada (2B) - Here we go!
Jean Segura (SS)
Kris Bryant (3B)
Gerardo Parra (OF)
Justin Upton (OF)
Michael Ozuna (OF)