- Kyle Hendricks took a no decision against the White Sox in his return from the DL. This was his 1st start since June 4. The 2016 NL ERA leader went 4.1 innings allowing just 1 run while striking out 5. The start was underwhelming but not necessarily bad. Hendricks will face the Brewers in Milwaukee later this week. Yoan Moncada went 1 for 5 with 4 strikeouts in the game. Moncada has struggled so far going 2 for 18 with 5 Ks in his 1st 5 games with the White Sox.
- Carlos Santana went 2 for 3 with a pair of solo homers in an Indians win over the Reds. Santana would finish with 3 runs scored as well. He now has 12 HR 52 RBI and 55 runs this season. For the Reds, both runs came via solo shots from Zack Cozart and Scooter Gennett. Gennett now has 18 HR 58 RBI and a .313 average in a very solid season for him.
- Kevin Gausman turned in a quality start in a win over the Rays. The Orioles starter pitched 6 shutout innings with 8 strikeouts. Gausman has now put up 2 straight 6 inning starts with 8 Ks. His season ERA is still a hefty 5.79. Adam Jones was 3 for 5 with a double and a solo HR. Jones has a .278 average with 19 HR on the year.
- Giancarlo Stanton was 2 for 3 with 2 homers in a Marlins win over the Rangers. Stanton would finish with 3 RBI. He now has 6 home runs in his past 7 games and is tied with Aaron Judge for the major league lead with 32 HR this season. Adrian Beltre was 4 for 4 (all singles) and brought his season average up to an even .300. Beltre now has 2993 career hits. The 3K milestone should be reached soon by the third baseman.
- It took 12 innings but the Royals beat the Tigers 5-3. The top of 12th features solo homers by Salvador Perez and Mike Moustakas to give Kansas City the win. Moustakas now has 29 HR on the season. Kelvin Herrera would come on to pitched a scoreless bottom half of the inning to nail down the save. He now has 20 saves on the year with a 4.38 ERA.
Giancarlo Stanton, Kyle Hendricks, Kevin Gausman, more!
A look at the fantasy performances from July 24, 2017