- Maikel Franco went 2 for 4 with 3 RBI in a Phillies win over the Marlins. Franco has been hot since the All Star break. He’s hitting .440 with 4 runs 1 HR and 7 RBI in the 6 games since the break. Nick Williams has been even better. Williams, who went 2 for 4 with 2 triples and 2 RBI in this game, has 3 homers and 12 RBI in his past 7 games. He also has 5 multi hit efforts during that stretch, including 4 straight multi hit games. Giancarlo Stanton hit his 30th HR of the year in the loss. This ties him with Aaron Judge for the major league lead. Stanton has hit 4 home runs in his last 3 games with 9 total homers over his last 11 games.
- Mike Montgomery did it all on in a win over the Braves. The Cubs pitcher went 6 innings allowing just 2 hits and 1 run while striking out 5. He also helped his own cause with a solo HR in the 5th inning. This was the 1st homer of his career. With Kyle Hendricks set to return from the DL, this may be Montgomery’s last start for a while. Javier Baez was 2 for 4 with a 3-run HR. Baez is 10 for his last 16 and has homered in 2 straight.
- James Paxton held the Astros in check in a win. The Mariners starter tossed 7 innings allowing just 1 run while striking out 7. A solid start in any matchup, the fact that this was against Houston makes it that much more impressive. Paxton has a 9-3 record with a 3.05 ERA this season. Edwin Diaz pitched a scoreless 9th with 1 strikeout in route to his 18th save of the season. Diaz has settled down from his shaky start and has lowered his season ERA to a respectable 3.10.
- Jose Berrios got back on track with a win over the Yankees. He went 6.2 innings allowing 6 hits and 1 run while striking out 5. Berrios has cooled since his incredible start to the season, but has still pitched well. He takes his 3.50 ERA on the road against the Dodgers in his next start. For the Twins offense, Miguel Sano had a 3-run HR as his lone hit. Sano now has a .272 average with 23 HR and 66 RBI on the season. Aaron Judge struck out as a pitch hitter in the 9th. Todd Frazier made his Yankees debut with a pinch hit strikeout in the 7th. Tommy Kahnle struck out 2 in a perfect inning of relief.
- With the exception of the 8th inning (and the 9th because they were the home team) the Rockies scored in every inning of an 18-4 win over the Padres. Nolan Arenado went off, going 5 for 6 with 3 homers and 7 RBI! He actually homered in 3 straight innings! Arenado now has 21 HR and 80 RBI this season. Trevor Story also got in on the action going 3 for 4 with 3 RBI. He was just a double shy of the cycle. Story is now 7 for 16 with 8 RBI in his last 4 games.
Nolan Arenado, Jose Berrios, James Paxton, more!
A look at the fantasy performances from July 19, 2017