Full docket of games today (15) scattered from 12:10pm -10:15pm The highest of the pitchers is Jacob DeGrom ($11,200) who will face the St. Louis Cardinals
Weather (as of now):
Looks like clear skies today.
Target: Jacob Faria ($8,600) @ Oakland Athletics - Minor tweaks in my explanations below as he and Mike Clevinger are having similar great stretches right now.
1. In his last 5 starts he has given up a COMBINED 8 ER.
2. In his last 3 starts he has gone at least 6IP in each outing.
3. In his last 5 starts he has struck out 28 batters for an average of just under 1 per inning pitched (32 IP).
4. Oakland has scored the 8th fewest runs in the league.
Stack Against: Zach Davies @ Pittsburgh Pirates (I know I didn't select many in my lineup but this matchup could turn ugly quickly)
1. This is remarkable - he has a 5.08 ERA and yet has a 11-4 record
2. Nine Pittsburgh batters have above a .300 average against him.
3. Surely one of this starts this trend goes south QUICK.
Two Hitters I like:
- Clint Frazier ($2,500) - sure Jose Berrios is good but at this price, Clint has gone 10/31 with 2 HR, 3 Runs and 7 RBI's over his last 8 games. Not bad for dirt cheap cost.
- Francisco Lindor ($3,400) - Last time he went hitless he rebounded with a 4/4 game. He is playing Matt Cain tonight who is holding a 5.56 ERA.
Two Hitters I'd avoid:
- Ryan Braun ($4,200) - across 10 at bats, he has one hit against Gerrit Cole, for this cost, I'm not taking those odds.
- Justin Upton ($3,600) - across 14 at bats, he has a 0.071 batting average with 1 RBI against Cole Hammel.
Buster Posey (C ) - Edited Wilsson Contreras is not starting.
Joey Gallo (1B)
Daniel Murphy (2B)
Francisco Lindor (SS)
Alex Bregman (3B)
Clint Frazier (OF)
Bryce Harper (OF) update - Use Trout!!
Jose Osuna (OF)
Side note: I can't find Yoan Moncada in the lineup choices and that makes me sad...