- Michael Wacha went the distance in a win over the Mets. The Cardinals starter allowed just 3 hits in the complete game shutout. He had 8 strikeouts and just 1 walk. Wacha has gone 5 straight outings without allowing more than 2 runs. He also has 26 Ks over his past 3 starts.
- The Diamondbacks offense put up 12 hits (9 for extra bases) and 11 runs in a win over the Reds. Paul Goldschmidt was limited to 1 hit (a RBI double) but did draw 4 walks. Jake Lamb had a 2-run triple in the win. The third baseman is having a great year with 20 HR and 69 RBI. The offense looks to continue putting up big numbers as the Diamondbacks made a trade for Tigers slugger J.D. Martinez. Martinez moves to a better home ballpark and a better offense around him.
- The Orioles offense made it a rough day for Tyson Ross and the Rangers. Ross allowed 9 runs (8 earned) on 7 hits in just 3.1 innings of work. Ross had his season ERA balloon to 7.22! Chris Davis was a big part of the Baltimore win. Davis went 2 for 4 with 2 home runs, including a grand slam. He finished with a 6 RBI night. Davis was just 1 for 14 since returning from the DL so this game is a big positive for him and his fantasy owners.
- Ivan Nova pitched around 10 hits allowing 3 runs in a win over the Brewers. He pitched 6 innings with 6 Ks. Nova moves to 10-6 on the year with a 3.27 ERA. Felipe Rivero allowed 2 hits but struck out the side in the 9th for his 8th save of the season. His ERA and WHIP are both at 0.71. Travis Shaw went 3 for 4 with a 3-run HR and continues to be amazing at baseball.
- Nicholas Castellanos had a big game going 4 for 5 with 5 RBI in a Tigers win over the Royals. Castellanos had a single, triple, and 2 homers in the game. He has 14 HR and 54 RBI this year. He has also homered in 2 straight and 3 of his last 4 games.
Michael Wacha, J.D. Martinez, Chris Davis, more!
A look at the fantasy performances from July 18, 2017