- Stephen Strasburg was dominant in a win over the Reds. The Nationals starter went 7 innings allowing just 1 run while striking out 11. The lone run was a solo HR by Eugenio Suarez. Bryce Harper was 2 for 4 with a 3-run HR in the win. He now has 23 HR and 72 RBI on the year. Ryan Zimmerman would also homer as part of a 5-run 1st inning for the Nationals.
- Gregory Polanco had a nice game going 4 for 4 with 2 doubles in a Pirates win over the Brewers. He had 2 runs and 2 RBI in the win. He is batting .272 with 27 RBI and 32 runs. Orlando Arcia went 2 for 4 with 3 stolen bases in the loss. He now has 8 SB on the season to go with a .281 average and 9 HR.
- Brandon Kintzler pitched a scoreless 9th with 1 strikeout in route to getting the save against the Yankees. The Twins closer now has 25 Ks and 26 saves. Although unlikely, Kintzler could be a trade target in the coming days. If that trade happens, Taylor Rogers would be a nice pickup. Rogers pitched 1.1 innings and would record the win. He has a 5-1 record with a 1.98 ERA on the year.
- Tommy Pham was 2 for 3 with a 3-run HR in a Cardinals win over the Mets. Pham has looked great this year with a .311 average 12 HR and 38 RBI. Pham has a power/speed combo that should be owned in most roto leagues. Playing time was a concern but Pham has proven his worth and is getting everyday at bats.
- The Marlins offense continued to hit for power in an extra inning win over the Phillies. Giancarlo Stanton was 2 for 3 with 2 homers. He would finished with 3 RBI. Stanton now has 28 HR and 62 RBI on the season. Justin Bour also had a 2-run home run in the win. Bour has enjoyed a bit of a breakout and now has 21 HR and 63 RBI.
Stephen Strasburg, Brandon Kintzler, Tommy Pham, more!
A look at the fantasy performances from July 17, 2017