- The Astros put a beat down on the Blue Jays in a 19-1 win. Carlos Correa led the way going 4 for 5 with 2 homers and 5 RBI. Correa is hitting .325 with 20 HR and 65 RBI heading into the break. Jose Altuve went deep as well and finished 3 for 4. He would scored 4 runs and drive 3 in. Evan Gattis was 2 for 5 with a HR and 4 RBI. The 3-4-5 hitters for Houston were 9 for 14 with 4 HR and 12 RBI.
- A.J. Pollock went 1 for 3 with a solo HR and 2 SB in a Diamondbacks loss to the Reds. This is his 3rd HR on the year and the 1st since his return from the DL. Pollock will look to return to top 20 OF status should he remain healthy during the 2nd half. For the Reds, Raisel Iglesias struck out 2 in a scoreless 9th inning for the save. He has 16 saves on the season to go with a 1.69 ERA.
- Kyle Freeland nearly made history against the White Sox. Freeland had a no hitter going with 2 outs to go before giving up a single. Freeland would finish pitching 8.1 innings allowing just the 1 hit with 9 Ks. A tremendous start in any venue but at Coors Field is extremely impressive. Freeland take his 9-7 record and 3.77 ERA into the All-Star break.
- A 10-run 1st inning gave Jon Lester his quickest exit of his career. Lester got just 2 outs in the game and allowed 10 runs (4 earned) on 6 hits with 3 BB against the Pirates. The Cubs starter allowed a grand slam to Francisco Cervelli and then a solo HR to Andrew McCutchen before being pulled. Lester will get the break to look for an answer as his season ERA now sits at 4.25. Josh Harrison also had a solo HR in the win.
- Clayton Kershaw gave the Dodgers bullpen the day off. Kershaw went the distance tossing 9 inning of 2 run ball in a win against the Royals. He had 13 strikeouts in route to improving his record to 14-2 and his ERA to 2.18. Justin Turner provided the offense for Los Angeles. Turner was 2 for 4 with 2 homers and 3 RBI. Turner has 10 HR and a .377 average on the season.
Carlos Correa, A.J. Pollock, Jon Lester, more!
A look at the fantasy performances from July 9, 2017