Full docket of games today (15) scattered from 7:05pm -10:10pm. The highest of the pitchers is Max Scherzer ($11,900) who will face the Los Angeles Dodgers, it's a tempting matchup for sure.
Weather (as of now):
Some scattered clouds but it looks like we will get off each game today.
Target: Marco Estrada ($8,900) Toronto Blue Jays @ Oakland Athletics
1. If you haven't already figured this out, these are the situations I thrive on, a very consistent pitcher has a bad outing and I'm all over a solid rebound outing.
2. He's gone at least 6 innings in all but 2 outings this year.
3. Oakland has scored the 7th fewest runs this year.
Stack Against: Jeff Locke ($6,600) Miami Marlins @ Chicago Cubs
1. He's very cheap for someone who has a sub 2 ERA but this outing has bat optics written all over it.
2. Javier Baez, Anthony Rizzo, Jon Jay, Ben Zobrist, Kris Bryant, Jason Heyward and Addison Russell all with a t least 6 AB batting over .250 against him. That's basically the whole starting lineup.
3. Notoriously an up and down pitcher, when it gets ugly it goes downhill fast with Locke.
Three Hitters I like:
- Brett Gardner ($3,400) Batting a .333 across 12 AB against Drew Pomeranz
- Didi Gregorious ($2,900) Batting a .444 across 9AB against Drew Pomeranz
- Ian Kinsler ($3,200) he's coming back after the hamstring strain and to me he's at a discount batting leadoff against the Angels Jesse Chavez (4.68 ERA).
Hitters I'd avoid:
- Freddy Galvis ($2,500) - He struggles mightily against Jaime Garcia. He's 0 for 11 against him.
- Robinson Cano ($3,500) he is batting .125 across 25 AB against Hector Santiago
- Kyle Seager ($3,300) recent struggles aside, he's batting .095 across 21 AB with no RBI' against Santiago
Alex Avila (C )
Anthony Rizzo (1B)
Ian Kinsler (2B)
Didi Gregorious (SS)
Cheslor Cuthbert (3B)
Brett Gardner (OF)
Hunter Renfroe (OF)
Bradley Zimmer (OF)