- Odubel Herrera was 3 for 5 with 2 doubles and a home run in an 11-4 Phillies win over the Braves. He also had 2 RBI and 3 runs scored. He had a dreadful May but has turned it around here in the past few days. Tommy Joseph was 3 for 5 with a homer and 3 RBI. Joseph now has 10 HR and 28 RBI on the season.
- Jeff Samardzija was great in a winning effort against the Brewers. The Giants starter went 7.2 innings with 10 strikeouts and just 1 earned run. The victory gives him a 2-7 record. Samardzija is known to give up quite a bit of runs but is a realiable source of innings and strikeouts. Eduardo Nunez was 2 for 5 with a solo HR. Nunez is often contributing more speed than power but has now homered in 2 straight.
- Kris Bryant hit a 2-run HR in the first inning and it would prove to be enough as the Cubs took down the Marlins 3-1. Bryant finished 1 for 4 and now has 13 HR on the year. Mike Montgomery pitched the last 10 outs of the game to record a save. He allowed just 3 hits with 3 Ks over 3.1 scoreless innings. Wade Davis was placed on the paternity list so the Cubs decided to ride Montgomery for over 3 innings. Davis should return to the team later in the week.
- The Astros won their 11th straight with a 7-3 win over the Royals. The bottom of the order got the job done for Houston. Brian McCann was 2 for 4 with a 2-run HR and 3 runs scored. Yuli Gurriel was 1 for 3 with a 3-run HR. For the Royals, Jorge Bonifacio was 2 for 5 with a solo HR. The rookie has 8 HR and 17 RBI this season. Whit Merrifield was 0 for 5 and lost his 19-game hit streak.
- Eugenio Suarez was 1 for 3 with a 2-run double in a Reds 4-2 win over the Cardinals. Suarez has cooled a bit recently but has 33 RBI with a .286 average this year. Raisel Iglesias nail down the save with an inning of work and 3 strikeouts. He now has a minuscule 0.61 ERA with 10 saves on the season.
Jeff Samardzija, Odubel Herrera, Raisel Iglesias, more!
A look at the fantasy performances from June 5, 2017