- Corey Kluber was lights out against the Rangers. The Indians ace went 8 innings allowing just 3 hits and 1 run while striking out 12. This marks his 4th straight double digit strikeout effort and 5 such starts in his past 6 since returning from the DL earlier this month. Kluber is on another level right now.
- Michael Fulmer took a shut out into the 9th inning against the Royals. The Tigers start would allow 3 runs (2 earned) before getting pull. He did finish with a great stat line: 8.2 IP and 7 Ks. He improves to 7-6 on the season with a 3.19 ERA. Justin Upton went 2 for 4 with a 3-run HR in the 1st inning. Upton now has 15 HR and 52 RBI on the year.
- Carlos Correa went 2 for 3 with a pair of 2-run homers as the Astros beat the Athletics 6-1. Correa now has a 9 game hitting streak. He is hitting .309 with 16 HR 53 RBI and 54 runs scored on the season. Brad Peacock pitched around 6 walks to hold Oakland to just 1 run on 2 hits over 5 innings of work. Peacock did manage 7 Ks in the winning effort. The K rate is great but his K/BB ratio increases to 2.43 after this game.
- Randal Grichuk continued his hot hitting going 3 for 4 with a 3-run HR in a Cardinals win over the Diamondbacks. Grichuk would finish with 5 RBI and 3 runs scored in the contest. This gives him 3 HR and 9 RBI in the 5 games since his call up. For Arizona, both Paul Goldschmidt and Jake Lamb had solo home runs. The 2 sluggers now have 19 and 18 homers respectively.
- Trea Turner went 1 for 2 with 2 steals in loss to the Cubs. Unfortunately for fantasy owners and the Nationals, Turner left the game with a broken wrist. The timetable for return in currently unknown. This is a huge blow as he exited the game leading the league with 35 SB this season.
Trea Turner, Michael Fulmer, Corey Kluber, more!
A look at the fantasy performances from June 29, 2017