- Steven Matz shut down the Marlins as the Mets won 8-0. Matz threw 7 scoreless innings allowing 6 hits with 4 strikeouts. Matz has now gone 7 innings in 3 of his 4 starts. He aslo sports a 2.67 ERA and 1.07 WHIP this season. Curtis Granderson went 1 for 4 with a 2-run HR. He has now homered in 3 straight games and 4 of the last 6. He is hitting .423 over that stretch.
- Stephen Strasburg pitched lights out against the Cubs. The Nationals starter went 7 innings allowing 2 earned runs and struck out 13! This is his 5th double digit strikeout game of the year. He improved to 9-2 on the season. Anthony Rendon went 3 for 3 with a solo home run. Rendon has a .299 average with 15 HR and 48 RBI.
- Blake Snell returned to the Rays rotation after promising results in the minor. Things did not go well. Snell allowed 6 runs over 5 innings of work as he fell to 0-5 on the year. Snell has had major control issues in the big leagues and this continued as he issued 5 walks in this one. He did manage 6 Ks but the rest was bad.
- Aaron Judge and Didi Gregorius each had 2-run homers in a 12-3 Yankees win over the White Sox. Judge now has 27 HR and 70 runs scored on the year. Masahiro Tanaka went 6 innings allowing 2 runs in the win. He struck out 5. This is his 3rd start in his last 4 outings where he has allowed 2 or fewer runs.
- Marcus Stroman shut down the Orioles as the Blue Jay won 4-0. Stroman went 7.2 scoreless innings allowing 5 hits with 8 Ks. The outing improves his record to 8-4 and his ERA to 3.41. Justin Smoak went 1 for 4 and hit his 21st homer of the year. Smoak is batting .301 and also has 49 RBI this season.
Steven Matz, Blake Snell, Marcus Stroman, more!
A look at the fantasy performances from June 28, 2017