- The Rangers and Indians combined for 24 runs on 28 hits yesterday. They, of course, would follow up with a combined 3 runs on 6 hits game as the Rangers won 2-1. Adrian Beltre went 2 for 4 with the go ahead home run off of Cody Allen. Beltre has now homered in 3 straight games. Tyson Ross went 6 innings allowing just 2 hits and 1 run while striking out 5. Since his return from the DL, Ross has 2 good starts and 1 very bad start. He gets the White Sox in Chicago his next time on the mound.
- Jake Arrieta took the loss in a bad way against the Nationals. Arrieta gave up 6 runs (5 earned) on 6 hits in just 4 innings of work. He also issued 6 walks. It’s been awhile since we’ve had a dominate outing from Arrieta and it looks like we may have to continue to wait on that. The Nationals ran wild on Chicago. They had 7 combined steals! Trea Turner was the primary thief, stealing 4 bags himself. Turner would finish 2 for 4 with 2 runs scored as well. He now has 32 SB on the year.
- Miguel Cabrera was 1 for 4 with a 3-run HR in a 5-3 Tigers win over the Royals. Cabrera now has 9 HR and 37 RBI on the season. He has yet to reach the elite level fantasy owners are used to and he may have to settle for a down year. Justin Verlander is having a down year as well. Verlander did manage to get the win though. He went 7 innings allowing the 3 runs while getting 6 Ks. He allowed all 3 runs before recording an out. After that, he allowed just 4 hits.
- Alex Cobb took a no hitter into the 7th inning but would settle for a no decision as the Ray beat the Pirates 4-2 in extra innings. Cobb went 8 innings allowing just 2 hits while striking out 4. Cobb has a 1.63 ERA over his past 4 starts. The closer for each team did poorly in this one. Alex Colome blew the save in the 9th giving up 2 runs on 2 hits and 2 BB. He, of course, would end up with the winning decision. Felipe Rivero gave up 2 runs (1 earned) in his inning of work and be saddled with the loss. Despite the outing, Rivero still has a 0.88 ERA on the season.
- Luis Severino pitched lights out against the White Sox. Severino went 7 innings allowing just 1 run. He also struck out a season high 12 batters. Despite having a 9.8 K/9 heading into the game, this is Severino’s 1st double digit strikeout game since April.
Adrian Beltre, Jake Arrieta, Alex Cobb, more!
A look at the fantasy performances from June 27, 2017