- Randal Grichuk went 2 for 5 with a home run and 3 RBI in a Cardinals 8-2 win over the Reds. Grichuk has homers in each of his 2 games since being recalled. Grichuk was a top 50 OF preseason and has regained some value with his performance over the past 2 games. Jedd Gyorko was 2 for 3 with a home run and 3 RBI as well in the win. Gyorko has 12 HR 35 RBI and a .298 average on the season.
- Chris Sale picked up his 10th win of the season in a strong outing against the Twins. Sale tossed 6.1 innings allowing 4 hits and 1 run while striking out 9. This gives him a 2.77 ERA and 0.91 WHIP on the year. He remains one of the best SP in baseball. Craig Kimbrel worked a scoreless 9th inning with 1 K in route to the save. Kimbrel has a 1.07 ERA and 21 saves on the season.
- Cole Hamels, pitching for the 1st time since April, was roughed up by the Indians. Hamels allowed 7 runs on 8 hits in just 4.1 innings of work. He walked 4 and struck out just 1 in the start. Hamels return was a welcomed sign for those who held on to him. Unfortunately, Hamels continues his career worst year and might need to be benched until he can turn it around.
- Jordan Montgomery pitched great in a 6-5 Yankees win over the White Sox. Montgomery went 7 innings of 1 run ball with 8 Ks. He now has a season ERA of 3.53. Jacoby Ellsbury went 1 for 5 with 2 runs scored in his return from the DL. Aaron Hicks was placed on the DL as a corresponding move and the Yankees outfield situation remains clear until his return.
- The Cubs held off a Nationals come back in a 5-4 win. Nationals starter Gio Gonzalez took the loss but still pitched well. Gonzalez went 6 innings allowing just 2 hits and 1 run. He struck out 8 but issued 5 walks. Gonzalez has pitched well but the walks continue to be an issue. The 1.26 WHIP is a little high to sustain a 2.87 ERA.
Randal Grichuk, Cole Hamels, Jordan Montgomery, more!
A look at the fantasy performances from June 26, 2017