- Carlos Gomez was great in a 11-4 Rangers win over the Blue Jays. Gomez went 3 for 4 with 2 home runs and 5 RBI. Gomez has been on a tear since returning from the DL. In just 6 games he has 4 homers and 14 RBI. Elvis Andrus was just 1 for 3 in the game but did manage 2 SB. He is hitting .288 with 17 steals on the season.
- Aaron Nola out pitched Carlos Martinez in a 5-1 Phillies win over the Cardinals. Nola went 7.1 innings allowing just 4 hits and 1 run while striking out 8. Nola has pitched so-so up to this point but this could be the start he needs to turn a corner. He gets the Mariners in Seattle for his next outing. Martinez gave up 6 hits and 3 runs (2 earned) in 6 innings of work. Despite a 2.87 ERA, his record falls to 6-6.
- Jose Quintana went 6.2 scoreless innings in a win over the Twins. He had 9 strikeouts in the outing. Quintana has been a let down to say the least but does have a 2.25 ERA in June. Jose Abreu was 1 for 5 with a 2-run HR. This is his 13th homer of the year, all of which have come on the road.
- Kris Bryant was 2 for 4 with a 3-run HR in the Cubs 11-1 win over the Marlins. Bryant also scored 3 times. Bryant has a .264 average with 16 HR and 48 runs scored on the season. Jake Arrieta went 7 innings of 1 run ball with 3 strikeouts. Ian Happ was 4 for 5 with 2 RBI and a steal. The news of Kyle Schwarber being demoted to AAA, coupled with Ben Zobrist being placed on the DL, should open the door for more regular PAs for Happ.
- Zack Godley survived Coors Field and walked out with a win over the Rockies. The Diamondbacks starter went 7 innings allowing 3 runs on 4 hits with 8 Ks. He now has a 2.53 ERA and a 1.00 WHIP and looks to be safe in most matchups going forward. Paul Goldschmidt was 3 for 5 with a home run and 4 RBI. The #1 player in fantasy baseball now has 18 HR and 64 RBI on the season.
Carlos Gomez, Jose Quintana, Zack Godley, more!
A look at the fantasy performances from June 22, 2017