- Max Scherzer pitched lights out again the Marlins. He would be saddled with the loss of course. Scherzer pitched a complete game loss allowing just 2 hits and striking out 11. He carried a no-hitter into the 8th inning and that’s when the Marlins scored the 2 deciding runs. Both runs were unearned. The outing drops Scherzer’s record to 8-5 despite a 2.09 ERA and 145 Ks in 107.2 innings this season. He is arguably the #1 SP in fantasy baseball going forward.
- Scott Schebler went 2 for 3 with a home run and 2 RBI in a Reds 8-3 loss to the Rays. Schebler now has 20 HR on the season as practically no one predicted. In a more predictable stroyline, Billy Hamilton stole his 31st base of the season in the loss. Hamilton is hitting a miserable .237 and offers little outside of the steals (although 44 runs aren’t too shabby). Hamilton remains a must own in all roto formats as steals are becoming harder and harder to find.
- Salvador Perez was 3 for 3 with a grand slam in a 6-4 Royals win over the Red Sox. Perez is hitting .292 with 15 HR and 42 RBI. Perez has built a reputation of having poor 2nd halves over the past few years. Time will tell if this trend continue but right now his owners can’t complain. Mike Minor pitched 2.1 scoreless innings in relief allowing just 1 hit with 3 Ks. Minor has been tremendous in his role with Kansas City this season. He now has a 1.93 ERA and 0.99 WHIP.
- Carlos Carrasco pitched great in a win against the Orioles. He went 6 scoreless innings with 10 strikeouts in route to his 8th win on the year. He now has a 2.99 ERA and 1.02 WHIP. Francisco Lindor went 2 for 5 with a home run and 3 RBI. Lindor now has 14 HR 33 RBI and 42 runs scored on the season.
- Jose Berrios continued his excellent pitching against the White Sox. The Twins starter went 8 innings allowing 4 hits and 2 runs while striking out 8. Berrios improved to 7-1 on the season and lowered his ERA to 2.67. Not bad for an 8 game stretch.
Max Scherzer, Jose Berrios, Salvador Perez, more!
A look at the fantasy performances from June 21, 2017