Full docket of games today (15) scattered from 12:10pm -10:10pm The highest of the pitchers is Max Scherzer ($12,300) who will face the Miami Marlins
Weather (as of now):
St. Louis at Philadelphia is looking like a good chance at rain.
San Francisco at Atlanta could see some hefty rain too.
Target: Max Scherzer ($12,300) Washington Nationals @ Miami Marlins
1. He has now gone 9 starts without allowing more than 3ER.
2. 5 consecutive starts with at least 10 SO.
Reason for caution - more than a few Marlins have HR against Scherzer. 6 players all have at least 1 HR against the star pitcher.
Stack Against: Erasmo Ramirez Tampa Bay Rays vs. Cincinnati Reds1. I didn't intend on going this path but a number of favorable matchups sit between Erasmo and Reds players.
2. Despite losing 10 of their last 11, the Reds have scored at least 5 in their last 3 straight.
Two Hitters I like:
- Jesse Winker ($2,300) he has two starts to his name and has at least 2 RBI's in both starts. Sure he could easily go 0/4 but for $2,300 you aren't gambling much for the potential of a multi-RBI game.
- Ryan Zimmerman ($3,900) in 1AB against Dan Straily he has a HR, he's on a tear right now and somehow is not the most expensive 1B (a full $1,400 cheaper than Paul Goldschmidt)
Two Hitters I'd avoid:
- JT Realmuto ($2,500) he served well yesterday with 20points but today he faces Max Scherzer who he bats a robust 0.77 against.
- Gregory Polanco ($2,900) he's 0 for 8 against Junior Guerra
Matt Wieters (C )
Ryan Zimmerman (1B)
Scooter Gennett (2B)
Jose Reyes (SS)
Eugenio Suarez (3B)
Jesse Winker (OF)
Lonnie Chisenhall (OF)
Kyle Schwarber (OF) - if he's not in for the 2:20 game, than I will likely switch out with Kevin Pillar
It's a clunky group but essentially Max needs to deliver plus Zimmerman and hopefully Scooter.