- Manny Machado went 4 for 4 with 2 home runs in a 6-5 Orioles win over the Indians. Machado drove in 4 runs and scored 3 times as well. The batting average has been a disappointment (.227) but 15 HR and 36 RBI are great considering the AVG. Brad Brach nailed down his 13th save of the year. Meanwhile, Zach Britton pitched a scoreless inning in a rehab appearance. Britton could return in early July if all goes according to plan.
- The Cardinals won 8-1 in a game not many would know went 11 innings. Yadier Molina and Tommy Pham each had a 2-run HR in the 7 run 11th for St. Louis. Molina has 9 HR and 27 RBI but remains a top 10 option at C due to his high floor.
- Ervin Santana was hit hard allowing 10 hits and 6 runs over just 5 innings. He, of course, would get the win, because baseball. Miguel Sano went 2 for 4 with a 2-run HR. Brandon Kintzler threw a scoreless 9th for his 18th save of the season. He also has 18 strikeouts all year so that’s something. Avisail Garcia continues to be one of my favorite players of 2017 going 3 for 4 with a 2-run HR. He is hitting .339 with 11 HR and 50 RBI.
- Chris Sale continues to pitched great. For his latest trick, Sale went 8.1 innings allowing 4 hits and 3 runs with 10 Ks. He improved to 9-3 on the season with a 2.85 ERA and 0.90 WHIP. The Red Sox offense put up 8 runs on the Royals despite having 0 homers.
- Gio Gonzalez went 7 innings of 3 run ball in a winning effort against the Marlins. He also had 8 strikeouts. This matchup was a tough one for Gonzalez as the Marlins have fared well against lefties this year. Gonzalez passed the test with not only a quality start but a good one at that, plus the win. He gets the Cubs at home in his next start.
Manny Machado, Brandon Kintzler, Gio Gonzalez, more!
A look at the fantasy performances from June 20, 2017