- Corey Kluber got a ton of run support but didn’t need it. Kluber went the distance with a complete game shutout. He allowed just 3 hits while getting 11 strikeouts. This has been his best start since his return from the DL. He now has 39 Ks in 28 innings over his past 4 starts.
- Justin Bour hit a grand slam to cap off a 6 runs Marlins 3rd inning in their 8-7 win over the Nationals. Bour would finish 2 for 4 and now has 18 HR and 48 RBI. Bour just returned from a DL stint but has kept his hot hitting bat alive. Giancarlo Stanton also homered, his 18th as well, and even stole a base.
- Gerrit Cole turned in his 2nd straight quality start in a 8-1 Pirates win over the Brewers. Cole went 7 innings allowing 3 hits and 1 run while striking out 5. This was his 2nd straight 7 IP 1 ER start after struggling earlier this month. Andrew McCutchen was 2 for 5 with a HR and 3 RBI. A Travis Shaw solo shot was the lone run for the Brewers.
- Jon Lester was solid in a no decision against the Padres. He went 6 innings allowing 2 runs with 7 Ks. Lester now has a 3.83 ERA on the year. Wade Davis nailed down 14th save and lowered his season ERA to 1.48. Anthony Rizzo continued his hot hitting at the lead off spot by going 2 for 3 with a triple and an RBI.
- Matt Adams went 2 for 4 with a HR and 2 RBI in a Braves 9-0 win over the Giants. That’s now 10 HR and 27 RBI since joining Atlanta a month ago. R.A. Dickey pitched 7 scoreless innings with 6 Ks. Dickey pitched well but this is more about how poor the Giants offense has played. Johnny Cueto went 7 innings allowing 2 runs. It was a decent outing for Cueto but his offense did nothing for him.
Corey Kluber, Gerrit Cole, Justin Bour, more!
A look at the fantasy performances from June 19, 2017