Full docket of games today (15) scattered from 12:10pm -10:07pm (why do they do that -10:07pm?). The highest of the pitchers is Corey Kluber ($10,200) who will face the
Brooklyn Los Angeles Dodgers.
Weather (as of now):
No precipitation right now but pending storms at Pittsburgh, Washington, Chicago White Sox and St. Louis. I am a bit nervous about a cancelled game today and will be deferring from these when possible.
Target: Edinson Volquez ($8,100) Miami Marlins vs. Oakland Athletics
1. I could lose a player to a delayed game but losing a pitcher is rough, the early game and uncertainty going into late means Tanner Roark, German Marquez, Chad Kuhl, Matt Garza, Mike Leake, Julio Teheran and Dylan Bundy are all out.
2. My last 3 wins have included quality pitching, this keeps me up there but there is concern that two straight outings with no ER means something will give at some point.
3. Honestly, I don't trust in much out of Oakland right now.
Stack Against: Amir Garrett Cincinatti Reds @ San Diego Padres
1. So I originally wanted to pick Amir as a cheap potential play against the Padres but the deeper I dove into logistics the worse it kept looking
2. The Padres won the last two against the Reds better pitchers scoring at least 6 in each outing.
3. Amir allows a lot of HR's.
Two Hitters I like:
- Edwin Encarnacion ($3,800) batting a meager .243 against righties, he does own a .333 with 2 HR across 6 AB against Patrick McCarthy.
- Giancarlo Stanton ($3,700) batting .286 against righties, he currently has 2 home runs and 5 RBI's over his last 9 AB. He's going up against Daniel Gossett making his professional debut, I'm banking on Daniel getting knocked around a bit.
Two Hitters I'd avoid:
- Aaron Judge ($5,000) the price just seems to be too much, I know he's electric but that cost is astronomical. Maybe I'll eat crow here but the longer I looked at it and through of the value I can get elsewhere, especially if he puts up a goose egg.
- Troy Tulowitzki ($2,700) the cost is dirty cheap due partially to his 0.71 batting average against Jake Odorrizi across 14 AB.
Tony Wolters (C )
Edwin Encarnacion (1B)
Robinson Cano (2B)
Taylor Motter (SS)
Josh Donaldson (3B)
Mark Trumbo (OF)
Giancarlo Stanton (OF)
Hunter Renfroe (OF)