- Kyle Hendricks pitched well against the Yankees on Friday. He went 5.1 scoreless innings allowing 6 hits and getting 5 Ks. This outing dropped his ERA to 3.51 on the season but he does have 2 scoreless outings over his past 3 starts. Michael Pineda was solid in a no decision. He went 6 innings allowing just 3 hits and 2 runs while getting 6 strikeouts. He has a 3.12 ERA 0.98 WHIP and 43 Ks over 34.2 innings for the year. Brett Gardner hit a 3-run HR in the 9th inning to led the Yankees to a 3-2 win. This was his 5th HR of the year. The 2 Cubs runs came on solo homers by Kris Bryant and Kyle Schwarber.
- Ryan Zimmerman hit his 12th HR of the season in the Nationals 4-2 win over the Phillies. Zimmerman was 3 for 5 in the game and raised his batting average to .433 on the year. Anthony Rendon was 3 for 4 with a homer as well. This performance, coupled with his monster 6 for 6 game from Sunday, has helped make his season stats very solid despite the slow start.
- Chris Archer pitched great but his Rays fell to the Blue Jays 8-4. Archer went 6 innings allowing 3 runs and getting 11 Ks. Kendrys Morales hit a pair of home runs for Toronto. He finished 3 for 4 with 5 RBI. Jose Baustista was 0 for 5 with 4 strikeouts. This dropped his average to .187 on the year.
- The Cardinals had a ton of good going for them in a 10-0 win over the Braves. Despite losing both Dexter Fowler and Stephen Piscotty to injury, the St Louis offense was excellent. Matt Carpenter homered, drove in 2 runs, and scored 3 times. Aledmys Diaz was 4 for 4 3 RBI. Tommy Pham was 2 for 4 with a 2-run HR in his 2017 debut. Pham should get plenty of playing time with the recent injuries to the Cardinals outfield. He can provide power and speed and warrants consideration in NL only leagues.
- Paul Goldschmidt provided nearly all of his teams offense in a 6-3 Diamondbacks win over the Rockies. He was 3 for 3 with 2 homers and 5 RBI. He’s played phenomenal, as expected, with 7 HR 26 RBI 24 R and a .330 AVG this season. A.J. Pollock was solid with a double and a triple in the game. Pollock appears to be back to his 2015 form and his owners are reaping the benefits early on.
Kyle Hendricks, Ryan Zimmerman, Jose Bausista, more!
A look at the fantasy performances from May 5, 2017