- The 2 top scoring teams in baseball met in Washington on Wednesday. This, of course, led to a 2-1 ball game in favor of the Nationals. Ryan Zimmerman was 2 for 3 with a double. He would drive in his league leading 30th RBI of the year. Robbie Ray had a solid outing in defeat. The Diamondbacks starter went 6 innings allowing just 4 hits, 2 runs, and striking out 10. Chris Owings provided the lone run for Arizona. He hit a solo shot in the 1st inning, his 5th of the year.
- Carlos Carrasco went 6 innings in a winning effort against the Tigers. He allowed just 2 runs and struck out 5. Andrew Miller tossed 2 innings of relief getting 4 Ks. Miller has yet to allow a run in 13.2 innings. He has 20 strikeouts this season. Cody Allen nailed down his 7th save of the year. He pitched around 2 walks and finished with 2 Ks. This outing drops his ERA to 0.82. Jose Ramirez had a 2-run triple in the contest. He later scored on a sac-fly. Ramirez also drew 2 walks and now has an even .400 OBP.
- Aaron Judge hit a 2-run HR for his 13th HR of the season. He now leads the majors in homers. Judge finished 3 for 5 with 2 runs scored as well. Blue Jays starter Marcus Stroman was roughed up for 5 runs on 6 hits in just 3 innings of work. He was pulled early due to arm tightness. Early reports indicate it being a minor injury and he should make his next start on Tuesday. Toronto’s once deep rotation is thinning fast.
- Nick Martinez and the Texas Rangers got rocked by the Astros on Wednesday. Houston hit 4 homers and won 10-1. Charlie Morton was great for 6 innings of work. He gave up just 1 run and struck out 8. Carlos Correa had an excellent game. Correa was 4 for 5 with a solo HR. He’s struggled to meet high expectations but this is a step in the right direction.
- Cole Hamels was stratched from his start on Tuesday and today we received news of his injury. He suffered a right oblique strain and is expected to miss roughly 8 weeks. This puts his return around the All-Star break. Another reliable fantasy pitcher is on the shelf. The Rangers will use Nick Martinez as they wait for Tyson Ross to become healthy enough to debut.
Cole Hamels, Ryan Zimmerman, Carlos Correa, more!
A look at the fantasy performances from May 3, 2017