Full docket of games today (15) scattered from 6:10pm -10:15pm. The highest of the pitchers is Chris Sale ($11,700) who will face the Chicago White Sox, it's a tempting matchup for sure.
Solid lineup yesterday, let's see if I get humbled today. Michael Conforto, Kurt Suzuki and Joey Gallo came in strong yesterday but I'm not as confident on any of them today.
Weather (as of now):
Some scattered clouds but it looks like we might get off each game today.
Target: Matt Andriese ($7,700) Tampa Bay Rays @ Texas Rangers.
1. After picking almost exclusively against the Rangers due to their 10 game win streak, we are now seeing the opposite. Losses in 6 out of their last 7.
2. Great ground ball pitcher who can potentially limit the power bats like Joey Gallo, Mike Napoli, Jonathan Lucroy, Shin-soo choo, and Rougned Odor.
3. 10 starts this year, 2ER or less in 6 of those. On the Road he has allowed 1ER (NYY), 3ER (Tor) and 2ER (Bos) all somewhat respectable opponents. In addition he's gone at least 6 innings in 5 of those 10 outings.
Stack Against: Asher Wojciehcowski ($5,500) Cincinnati Reds @ Toronto Blue Jays1. I don't think many people are picking him but after 2 respectable outings in relief his feet will be to the fire tonight
2. The Toronto Blue Jays currently have 7 players with at least 12 AB batting over .300 over the last 7 days. Saying their bats are light is an understatement.
3. I know they scored 17 last night and may be gassed OR they might build off that for a second night with another 5+ER.
4. Most of these Toronto players (Kendrys Morales, Devon Travis, Russell Martin, Ryan Goins and Troy Tulowitzki) are $3,200 or less.
Three Hitters I like:
- Robbie Grossman ($3,000) in 2 AB against Mike Fiers he has 1 HR. It's a small sample size but for $3,000 I'll take a gamble on a guy who has 2 runs, 3RBI's and a .364 average over his last 7 days.
- Trevor Story ($3,500) he let's me step down a bit from Carlos Correa, Jean Segura and Xander Bogaerts but still have a solid chance at a HR. He's been great since his return from the most recent DL stint and as we know he can be streaky
- George Springer ($3,700) he's a bit more pricey but he has 4 Runs and 5 RBI's across his last 3 games and he is 3 for 4 with a HR against Jose Berrios.
Hitters I'd avoid:
- Chris Davis ($3,600) - He is 1 for 10 against Luis Severino
- Billy Hamilton ($3,600) - Obviously Billy is great when he gets on base but he's batting 1 for 6 against J.A. Happ.
- Cameron Maybin ($3,700) for someone who has been great lately, he has a bad record against Bartolo Colon. I know this Bartolo is different but I don't like the logistics there.
Sample LineupJett Bundy (C ) - I own him in Fantasy and while he doesn't play everyday he's fantastic when in the lineup.
Justin Bour (1B) - After going "cold" with no Runs or RBI's for 3 games I think we see some action today
Ryn Schimf (2B)
Trevor Story (SS)
Nolan Arenado (3B)
Robbie Grossman (OF)
George Springer (OF)
JD Martinez (OF)