- Anthony Rendon kept his hot streak alive going 2 for 4 with a HR. This is his 3rd straight game with a homer, a streak that started with a 2 home run game on Tuesday. Nelson Cruz had a go-ahead, 3-run HR in the 6th inning to help the Mariners win 4-2. This gives Cruz a total of 12 HR and 40 RBI for the season. Edwin Diaz allowed a single but was otherwise perfect in the 9th inning for a save. Diaz was removed from the closer’s role last week but appears to have gotten it back.
- Ivan Nova went 8.1 innings allowing 10 hits and 4 runs in a winning effort as the Pirates beat the Braves 9-4. Nova Entered the 9th inning having just allowed 2 runs on 6 hits but was hit around a bit before his departure. He only had 1 strikeout in the outing. Despite a low K total, Nova has a 2.83 ERA and 1.09 WHIP on the year. Adam Frazier had a 3-run HR in the 2nd inning for Pittsburgh. He’s been great since returning from the DL. He’s not a huge power threat but should get plenty of runs scored hitting lead off for the Pirates. Andrew McCutchen sat for the 2nd straight game.
- Matt Andriese was great in a Rays shutout win over the Angels. Andriese went 8 scoreless innings with 5 Ks. He now has a 3.24 ERA with 52 Ks in 10 starts. His next outing is set for Tuesday against the Rangers in Texas. Colby Rasmus was 2 for 4 and drove in all 4 runs for the Rays.
- Drew Pomeranz pitched great in a win against the Rangers. He went 6 innings allowing 2 runs with 11 Ks. Xander Bogaerts was 2 for 4 with a 2-run HR and a stolen base. This was his 1st homer of the year. Bogaerts has been a slight disappointment despite a .335 AVG with 29 runs scored and 8 SB. He had 21 HR last year so the lack of power has been surprising. Craig Kimbrel managed 4 strikeouts in 1 inning of work. That’s not a typo, the 1st batter he struck out reached on a passed ball.
- Robbie Ray was dominant in a Diamondbacks 4-0 win over the Brewers. Ray held the Brew Crew to just 2 hits over 7 innings with 9 strikeouts. He now has a 3.45 ERA with 74 Ks in 10 starts. Paul Goldschmidt was 1 for 3 with a steal. He has 11 HR and 12 SB to go with a .324 AVG and .451 OBP this season.
Edwin Diaz, Xander Bogaerts, Robbie Ray, more!
A look at the fantasy performances from May 25, 2017