- Jose Berrios looked a bit mortal in his most recent start against the Orioles. The Twins pitcher went 6.1 innings allowing 3 runs and striking out 7. All 3 runs came via solo homers, 2 of those happened in the 7th inning which Berrios was unable to finish. Still, Berrios pitched great and now has a 1.66 ERA and a perfect 3-0 record in his first 3 starts of the season. Brandon Kintzler finished out the 4-3 Twins victory with his 12th save of the year. He did record a K, thus keeping his K total slightly higher than his save total at 13 to 12.
- Sonny Gray was great in an Athletics 4-1 win over the Marlins. Gray went 7 innings allowing 3 hits and 1 run while striking out 11. He now has a 3.34 ERA on the year with 19 Ks over his past 2 starts. Khris Davis was 1 for 4 with a 2-run HR. He now has 14 HR and 28 RBI on the season.
- The Diamondbacks beat up on Jose Quintana in a 8-6 win. Quintana allowed all 8 runs over 4.1 innings of work. Jake Lamb had a 2-run HR in the game. Lamb has a .287 average with 13 HR and 40 RBI.
- Tanner Roark was great in a winning effort against the Mariners. He pitched 7 innings of 1 run ball with 8 Ks. Anthony Rendon hit a 3-run HR in the 1st inning. This is his 3rd HR in the past 2 games. Trea Turner stole 2 bases in the win. Turner has been underwhelming offensively but still has 11 SB on the year.
- Luis Severino was dominant in a Yankees shutout victory over the Royals. He went 8 innings allowing just 4 hits with 7 strikeouts. He now has a 3.11 ERA and 1.05 WHIP. Dellin Betances closed the game out by striking out 3 straight. He’s an elite RP and owners will enjoy the saves while Aroldis Chapman is recovering from injury.
A look at the fantasy performances from May 24, 2017