- Scott Schebler was 1 for 4 with a solo HR in a Reds 5-1 win over the Indians. Schebler has been solid this year with 13 HR and 27 RBI. Scott Feldman went 6 innings allowing just 1 run while striking out 9.
- Nolan Arenado was 1 for 5 with a 2-run HR as the Rockies beat the Phillies 8-1. The third basemam now has 12 HR 32 RBI and a .291 average on the year. Charlie Blackmon had a nice game as well. Blackmon was 2 for 5 with a double, 3 RBI, and a steal. He’s hitting .321 with 9 HR 36 RBI 33 R and 4 SB.
- Cameron Maybin had a 2 for 3 game with a HR and a SB in an Angels 3-2 win over the Rays. Maybin now has 10 SB on the season. Bud Norris recorded 4 outs (3 via strikeout) in route to his 9th save of the year. Jake Odorizzi was solid in a no decision. He went 6 innings allowing 2 runs and getting 8 Ks. Corey Dickerson and Logan Morrison both homered in this one. Each of them now have 12 HR on the year.
- A football game broke out in Baltimore as the Twins beat the Orioles 14-7. Adam Jones was 1 for 4 with a 3- run HR. He now has 8 HR and 21 RBI on the season. All 9 Twins hitters had a base hit in this one and 6 of them had multiple hits. Miguel Sano was 4 for 6 with a home run, 3 runs scored, and 3 RBI. The slugger has 11 HR and 37 RBI to go with a .319 AVG. Max Kepler was 3 for 6 and lead the way with 4 RBI. Kepler also scored 3 runs.
- Meanwhile, in Houston, the Astros outlasted the Tigers in a pitchers’ duel of 1-0 in favor of the Astros. The combo of Brad Peacock, Chris Devenski, Will Harris, and Ken Giles allowed just 1 hit all game to Detroit. Jose Altuve’s 1st inning RBI double proved to be the difference. Michael Fulmer was a tough luck loser. He pitched 7 innings of 1 run ball with 4 Ks. He carries a 2.55 ERA and 1.08 WHIP into his next start, Saturday at the White Sox.
Charlie Blackmon, Miguel Sano, Michael Fulmer, more!
A look at the fantasy performances from May 22, 2017