Full docket of games today (15) scattered from 12:10pm -10:10pm. The highest of the pitchers is Clayton Kershaw ($12,500 at San Francisco).
Weather (as of now):
30% chance of precipitation at Colorado vs. Minnesota, something to keep an eye on.
Target: EITHER Matt Harvey ($7,700) New York Mets @ Arizona
1. His most recent start yielded a 9ERA, the one before that - 10ERA, the one before that 12 ERA, none lasting longer than 5 innings. That's not good. The last two starts have yielded BABIPs from .350-.308. His K/9 was up to 10.80 at his most recent start at Milwaukee and they countered his heat with 4 home runs, I tip my hat to you Brewers.
2. The start on the 2nd was right after Noah Syndergaard's injury where management was in disarray clearly not aware of what decisions to make, not giving full heads up to pitching on starts.
3. Over a combined 49 AB that the Arizona Batters have against Matt Harvey, they are a collective 5/49 or .102 batting average with 2 home runs and 4 RBI's. I like those odds.
4. I'll be honest, part of this is my making a gamble that he can't post a 4th consecutive bad outing.
Or (in case you don't feel comfortable with my "he can't be bad forever strategy")
Miguel Gonzalez ($7,300) Chicago White Sox @ LAA
1. Has a great track record against LAA.
2. Off to a great start, I'm inclined to think he bounces back from one bad outing against San Diego.
3. Only down side is - it's late and cross country which could be tiring for him but I bet he has less than 2ER over 6innings pitched.
Stack Against: Zach Efflin ($7,100) Philadelphia Phillies at Texas Rangers
1. The Rangers are now 7-3 over their last 10 games. They have won 7 in a row scoring 42 runs over that time.
2. I'm betting on an 8th win after they knocked around Yu Darvish.
Three Hitters I like:
- Edwin Encarnacion ($3,100) - batting .333 with 1HR and 4RBI's over 12 AB vs. Alex Cobb
- Joey Gallo ($3,200) he's had back to back bad games, he hasn't really had 3 bad ones this season, I think there is a solid chance of a homer today from him.
- Odubel Herrera ($3,300) - batting .545 with 2 HR and 3 RBI's over 11AB vs. Andrew Cashner
Two hitters I'd avoid:
- Albert Pujols ($2,600) - batting 0.059 over 17 AB vs. Miguel Gonzalez.
- Mike Trout ($4,900) - batting just .158 over 19AB vs. Miguel Gonzalez.
Salvador Perez (C )
Edwin Encarnacion (1B)
Jason Kipnis (2B)
Xander Bogaerts (SS) option B. Jose Iglesias (SS)
Joey Gallo (3B) option B. Kris Bryant (3B)
Odubel Herrera (OF)
Nelson Cruz (OF)
Avisail Garcia (OF)