- The matchup between Chris Archer and Carlos Carrasco didn’t go as planned for either pitcher. Archer went 5 innings allowing 6 earned runs on 5 hits. He struck out 6 but also issued 6 walks. Carrasco surrendered 5 runs on 6 hits in just 3.2 innings of work. The Indians starter left early with an apparent injury but later reports lead us to believe the injury is not serious.
- The Astros offense was limited to just 1 hit through the 1st 5 innings against the Marlins. Yuli Gurriel changed that with a 6th inning grand slam. Jose Altuve was 2 for 4 with a HR and 3 RBI in the 7-2 win.
- Freddie Freeman crushed a 3-run HR in a Braves 10-6 win over the Blue Jays. This was his 13th homer of the year. Freeman also has 23 RBI and 32 runs scored to go with a .338 average. Matt Kemp was 4 for 4 with 2 doubles and 3 runs scored in the contest.
- Mike Trout homered for the 4th straight game in an Angels 5-3 win over the White Sox. In doing so, Trout became the youngest player in MLB history with 150 HR & 150 SB in their career. He now has 12 HR 27 RBI and 7 SB on the season. Kole Calhoun had a 3-run HR as well. Calhoun has had a rough season so far hitting .226 with 5 HR and 14 RBI. Bud Norris nailed down his 8th save of the year by getting the final 4 outs for LA. He recorded 2 Ks and now has his ERA under 3.00.
- The Diamondbacks scored 6 in the 8th inning to beat the Mets 7-3. Starter Zack Godley pitched around 5 walks in 6.2 innings of work and allowed just 1 run on 1 hit. He had 7 Ks as well. Jake Lamb and Yasmany Tomas were both among 4 Diamondbacks players to homer in the win. Lamb is batting .282 with 8 HR and 27 RBI on the season.
Carlos Carrasco, Freddie Freeman, Mike Trout, more!
A look at the fantasy performances from May 15, 2017