- Jason Kipnis had a breakout game on Sunday in an Indians 8-3 win over the Twins. He led off the bottom of the 1st with a solo shot. He would finish 4 for 5 with a pair of homers and 4 RBI. These were his 1st 2 home runs of the year.
- The Rays used a 7 run 9th inning to beat the Red Sox by a final of 11-2. Steven Souza Jr. had a 3-run HR in that inning. Corey Dickerson had a nice game going 4 for 6 with 2 runs scored. He’s now batting .340 on the season.
- Yadier Molina hit 2 home runs in a Cardinals 5-0 win over the Cubs. The veteran catcher is hitting .270 with 3 HR and 14 RBI this year. Matt Carpenter also went deep in the contest. Tommy Pham was 1 for 4 with a stolen base. He has 3 HR 3 SB 8 R and 8 RBI since his recent return to the majors.
- The Brewers scored 10 runs over their final 3 innings in a 11-9 win over the Mets. Jonathan Villar and Keon Broxton each a a 2-run HR in the win. Michael Conforto was 3 for 4 with a homer. He also had 3 RBI and 4 runs scored. Neil Walker was 3 for 5 with 3 RBI as well. Addison Reed was scored the loss after giving up 2 runs on 2 hits in the bottom of the 8th. Corey Knebel nailed down his 1st save with a perfect 9th inning with 1 strikeout.
- Kevin Herrera earned his 8th save of the season in a 9-8 Royals win over the Orioles. He has had 3 saves over the past 3 games. Mike Moustakas hit his 9th HR of the year and also drove in 4 runs. Kansas City made it a tough outing for Kevin Gausman. Gausman allowed 9 hits and 5 runs over just 3.1 innings. He failed to take advantage of what had been a rather pedestrian offense and now has a 7.19 ERA on the year.
Jason Kipnis, Yadier Molina, Kevin Gausman, more!
A look at the fantasy performances from May 14, 2017