- The Mets blew a 9th inning lead and then the Giants almost blew their comeback in a 6-5 game in favor of San Francisco. Jeurys Familia had his 1st blown save of the year and it was ugly. He walked 2 and allowed 2 hits which resulted in 3 earned runs while getting just 1 out before getting pulled. His closer’s job should be safe, but this is a bit of positive news for the Addison Reed believers. Derek Law gave up 3 hits and 2 runs but eked out the save. Law is filling in while Mark Melancon is on the DL. His return couldn’t come soon enough. Buster Posey homered for the 3rd time in as many games. He is hitting .394 with 4 HR so far in May.
- The Mariners used a 5 run 7th and 3 run 8th to beat the Phillies 11-6. Robinson Cano had a big game going 4 for 5 with a homer and 3 RBI. He is batting .296 with 8 HR and 28 RBI on the season. Aaron Altherr was the bright spot in the loss for Philadelphia. Altherr hit a 3-run HR in the 3rd inning and followed it up with a solo shot in the 9th. He is swinging a hot bat right now and is still widely available on all sites.
- Jedd Gyorko was 3 for 4 with 2 RBI and a steal in a Cardinals 7-5 win over the Marlins. He’s putting together a solid season with a .351 batting average 6 HR 17 RBI and 2 SB. Dee Gordon was 2 for 3 with 2 stolen bases. He now has 11 SB on the year.
- The Royals have proven to be a great matchup for opposing pitchers. Chris Archer was the latest to shine against Kansas City. He went 8 scoreless innings allowing 5 hits and getting 11 Ks. He is now 3-1 with a 3.04 ERA and 59 Ks. Logan Morrison was 1 for 3 with a homer and 3 RBI. He now has 9 HR and 23 RBI on the year.
- Andrew Triggs was solid for the Athletics in their 3-1 win over the Angels. Triggs went 6 innings allowing 3 hits and 1 run. He struck out just 4 batters. He only has 31 Ks in 40.2 innings but his 2.21 ERA and 1.03 WHIP makes him a high end option in most starts.
Buster Posey, Aaron Altherr, Chris Archer, more!
A look at the fantasy performances from May 10, 2017