- A.J. Griffin tossed a complete game 4 hitter in a 11-0 Rangers win over the Padres. The opponent certainly factors in here but Griffin had an outstanding outing nonetheless. He is now 4-0 with a 2.45 ERA and 0.85 WHIP in 5 starts.
- Carlos Carrasco was dominant in his start against the Blue Jays. He went 7 scoreless innings allowing just 3 hits while striking out 7. This outing drops his ERA to 1.86 on the season to go with his 46 Ks in 48.1 innings.
- Michael Conforto was 2 for 5 with a double and a homer in the Mets 6-1 win over the Giants. He has finally carved out an everyday role and has played phenomenally. He has a .330 average with 8 HR and 21 RBI on the year. Jeff Samardzija went 7 innings with 9 Ks but allowed 10 hits and 6 runs. His record fell to 0-5 on the season. Buster Posey’s solo shot accounted for the lone Giants run.
- Max Scherzer pitched great in a 5-4 12 inning loss to the Orioles. The Nationals ace went 8 innings allowing 2 runs on 4 hits while striking out 11. He has a 2.59 ERA 0.88 WHIP and 62 Ks in 48.2 innings of the season. Daniel Murphy hit his 6th HR of the year. He is batting .333 with 29 RBI.
- Keon Broxton was great in a 11-7 Brewers win over the Red Sox. He was 3 for 3 and just a double shy of the cycle. He finished with 3 runs scored and 4 RBI. He also stole a base. Mookie Betts was 4 for 4 with 2 doubles and a HR. He finished with 4 RBI as well. His season has been somewhat disappointing based on incredibly high expectations but he still has a .304 average with 18 RBI and 15 runs scored.
Carlos Carrasco, Keon Broxton, A.J. Griffin, more!
A look at the fantasy performances from May 9, 2017