- Aaron Sanchez lasted all of 1 inning after returning from the DL on Sunday. The Blue Jays later reported in was due to a split finger nail. This is the same finger that landed him on the DL earlier this season. He is set to start Saturday but we should know whether he will indeed make that start in the coming days.
- Mets starter Noah Syndergaard left his outing early with an injury as well. The game got out of hand quickly as he allowing 5 runs in just 1.1 innings to the Nationals before exiting. Reports indicate he could have a ‘possible lat strain’. His MRI on Monday should give us more information. Those 5 runs were just the beginning though. The Nationals put up nearly 2 dozen in their 23-5 win. Anthony Rendon, who was hitting .226 with 0 HR, went 6 for 6 with 3 HR and 10 RBI! This performance overshadowed Matt Wieters 3 for 4 game with 2 homers of his own. Safe to say, avoid pitchers who are facing the Nationals offense.
- Francisco Lindor played a big role in the Indians 12-4 win over the Mariners. Lindor was 2 for 5 with a homer and 3 RBI. Michael Brantley went 2 for 4 with a 2-run HR as well. Brantley is hitting .308 with 5 HR 17 RBI and 3 SB on the season.
- Justin Bour had a big day for the Marlins in their 10-3 win over the Pirates. Bour was 4 for 5 and drove in runs on each of his 4 hits. He also homered and finished with 6 RBI. He now has a total of 15 RBI on the year. Josh Bell was the highlight for Pittsburgh. He had a 2-run HR in the 1st and inning and also stole a base during the contest.
- Dallas Keuchel continues his bounce back season in the Astros 7-2 win over the Athletics. Keuchel pitched 7.2 innings of 1 run ball. He allowed just 3 hits and struck out 9. He is now 5-0 with a 1.21 ERA on the year.
Aaron Sanchez, Noah Syndergaard, Anthony Rendon, more!
A look at the fantasy performances from April 30, 2017