- Both the Tigers/White Sox and Cubs/Cardinals games were postponed on Wednesday. The NL Central rivals will make up their game tomorrow. The AL Central teams make up game will take place on May 26.
- Dylan Bundy was phenomenal in his 2017 debut. He pitched 7 innings allowing just 4 hits and 1 run. He also struck out 8 Blue Jays without issuing a walk. This is a great sign that the once highly touted prospect could be in for a breakout.
- Chris Sale and Jameson Taillon had a pitchers duel in Boston on Wednesday. Sale racked up 7 Ks over 7 innings of 3 hit ball. Taillon matched him in innings while allowing 5 hits and striking out 6. The Red Sox would be the eventual winners 3-0 in 12 innings. Both pitchers should be startable options going forward.
- Blake Treinen gave up a couple of singles and a run but nailed down his 2nd save of the season in the Nationals 6-4 win over the Marlins. He struck out two during the 9th. His job should remain secure but this does raise an eyebrow on a very shaky closer situation. JT Realmuto had a solid day at the plate in this game as well. Miami’s catcher was 2-4 with 2 runs 2 RBI and a solo HR.
- The Cincinnati Reds pitching staff shut out the Phillies allowing just 4 hits. Brandon Finnegan was the main factor with 7 innings of 1 hit ball and 9 strikeouts. Relievers Michael Lorenzen and Rasiel Iglesais each pitched an inning with 2 Ks to finish out the 2-0 win.
- Francisco Lindor had a day at the plate for the Indians in their 9-6 comeback win over the Rangers. The SS was 3-4 with two HRs (a solo shot and a grand slam) and also stole a base. Rangers closer Sam Dyson blew the save and continued his early season struggles. He only recorded one out but allowed 3 hits 2BB and 5 runs. This comes on the heels of his Monday meltdown where he gave up 4 hits and 3 runs while only getting two outs. Could this be the beginning of the end of Dyson as the Rangers 9th inning guy?
Roto Report (April 5, 2017): Rain outs, Bundy, Dyson, more!
A look at the fantasy performances from April 5, 2017