- Justin Verlander and the Detroit Tigers started the season a day late. Verlander was on fire against the White Sox pitching 6.1 innings with 10 strikeouts. Ian Kinsler had a great game as well going 2-3 with a double, a homerun, and 2 walks. Detroit’s CF JaCoby Jones had the first HR+SB game of 2017. He's worth keeping an eye on for fantasy purposes.
- Chase Headley had a solid day at the plate in the Yankees 5-0 win over the Rays. Headley had a 2 run HR and also stole a base. CC Sabathia shut down the Rays offense allowing only 3 hits in 5 innings of work.
- Lance McCullers had a solid start to his 2017 season. He was the winning pitcher by throwing 6 innings of 1 run ball with 7 Ks against the Mariners. The Astros have won their first two games by a combined 5-1 margin. Their 8 and 9 hitters, Brian McCann and Marwin Gonzalez, each had a solo shot.
- The Rockies/Brewers series continues to provide plenty of offense. Gerardo Parra had a big day at the plate going 3 for 5 including a 3 RBI double. Closer Greg Holland also nailed down his 2nd save in as many days as Colorado held on to a 6-5 victory.
- Joey Gallo made his presence felt going yard in the Rangers 4-3 loss to the Indians. Gallo would finished 2-4 but also had two strikeouts. Cleveland’s starter Carlos Carrasco pitched 5.2 solid innings with 7 Ks in route to the win. Cody Allen made things interesting in the 9th before striking out 3 straight Rangers to end the game. Allen now has 2 saves and 6 strikeouts in 2 innings of work on the year.
Roto Report (April 4, 2017): Verlander, McCullers, Gallo, more!
A look at the fantasy performances from April 4, 2017