- Noah Syndergaard turned in 6 scoreless innings with 7 strikeouts during the Mets 6-0 victory over the Braves. He was removed with a blister on his hand but it does not appear to be serious. His opponent, Julio Teheran, had a great performance as well. The Braves ace pitched 6 scoreless with 6 strikeouts.
- Bryce Harper started the 2017 season off in style. Harper was 1-3 with a solo homerun during the 6th inning of the Nationals 4-2 win over the Marlins. This was the 5th time in Harper’s career he’s had an Opening Day HR. In the bullpen for Washington, Blake Treinen pitched a perfect 9th inning with 2 Ks in his debut as the Nats closer. He should continue to see save opportunities if he continues to nail them down.
- Andrew Benintendi started his Rookie of the Year campaign off well in yesterday’s 5-3 win over the Pirates. The Red Sox rookie hit a 3 run HR in the fifth inning and finished 1-4 for the day.
- The Los Angeles Dodgers were a source of fantasy goodness in their 14-3 Opening Day win. Clayton Kershaw pitched 7 innings of 2 hit baseball with 8 strikeouts and nary a walk. The Dodgers offense hit a quadfecta of homeruns. Yasmani Grandal a solo shot and two run jack, Corey Seager a three run homer, and Joc Pederson with a Grand Slam!
- Jeanmar Gomez eked out a save despite giving up two runs in the Phillies 4-3 win over the Reds. Gomez gave up a single and later a two run homer before getting the game’s final out with the lead still intact. Hector Neris, who pitched a clean 8th inning, waits in the wings for his eventually chance at the closer job.
- Dallas Keuchel blanked the Mariners for 7 scoreless innings. The former Cy Young winner allowed just 2 hits while striking out 4.
Roto Report (April 3, 2017): Syndergaard, Harper, Benintendi, more!
A look at the fantasy performances from Opening Day Part 2