- Dallas Keuchel went the distance in the Astros 4-2 win over the Indians. He gave up only 2 runs, both solo homers, and struck out 5. The former Cy Young winner is now 4-0 with a 1.22 ERA. Josh Reddick had a nice game as well. He went 2 for 5 with 3 RBI and also robbed Jason Kipnis of a home run.
- Gerrit Cole was a tough luck loser in a solid outing against the Cubs. The Pirates ace went 7 innings allowing just 2 hits and striking out 8. The lone run of the contest scored on an error as Chicago won 1-0. Kyle Hendricks pitched well for 6 scoreless innings with just 3 Ks. Wade Davis nailed down his 5th save and maintained his flawless 0.00 ERA.
- The Northeast was hit hard with rain and we had 3 rainouts across MLB because of it. The Red Sox and Yankees will make up their game as part of a double header on July 16. The Braves and Mets will make up their game as part of a double header on September 25. The Marlins and Phillies have yet to announce a makeup date.
- Eric Thames continues to be good at baseball. #Analysis In all seriousness, Thames hit his league leading 11th HR. His legend continues to be the best story in baseball. Brewers starter Zach Davies pitched well with 5 scoreless inning and 6 Ks. This was the best outing for Davies this year.
- Offense was a plenty in the Tigers 19-9 win over the Mariners. 40 combined hits between the 2 teams in this game! Jean Segura and Nelson Cruz both homered, had 3 hits, and drove in 3. Where do I begin with Detroit?!?! Ian Kinsler was 4 for 5 with 4 runs scored and 2 RBI. Justin Upton was 2 for 4 with a HR and 3 RBI. Catcher James McCann was 2 for 5 with a HR and 4 RBI. Jordan Zimmermann was the winning pitcher despite giving up 11 hits and 5 runs over 6 innings. Phew!
Dallas Keuchel, Gerrit Cole, Eric Thames, more!
A look at the fantasy performances from April 25, 2017