- Eric Thames continued his hot start to 2017 hitting 2 more home runs Monday night against the Reds. The Brewers slugger now has 10 HR 17 RBI and 24 R. He continues to be the biggest surprise of this young season.
- The Cubs offense put on a show at the expense of Chad Kuhl and the Pirates. Stand outs from their 14-3 victory include Kris Bryant (3 for 4), Addison Russell (4 for 6), and Jason Heyward (1 for 4 with 4 RBI). Heyward has got off to a solid start hitting .294 with 3 HR and 16 RBI.
- Adam Jones was key in the Orioles 6-3 win over the Rays. The veteran outfielder was 3 for 3 with a 2-run HR. He’s hitting an even .300 on the year with 4 HR and 10 each in RBI and runs scored. He’s averaged 29 HR 89 RBI 9 SB over the past 5 seasons.
- Miguel Gonzalez was sharp in a winning effort over the Royals. He pitched 8 innings allowing just 2 hits and 1 run while getting 5 Ks. This was his 2nd straight start where he pitched 8 or more innings. He now posts a 2.00 ERA and 1.07 WHIP through 4 starts. He gets the Tigers in his next outing.
- Charlie Blackmon and Mark Reynolds both lauched homers in the Rockies 8-4 win over the Nationals. Blackmon finished the game with 3 RBI and now has 6 HR and 18 RBI on the year. Reynolds, who has 6 HR and 18 RBI as well, has been a solid fill in for Colorado as they wait for Ian Desmond to recover. Ryan Zimmerman hit his 7th HR of the season in this game as well. The veteran is batting .379 and has returned to fantasy relevance after battling injury after injury over the past few seasons.
Roto Report (April 24, 2017): Thames, Heyward, Zimmerman, more!
A look at the fantasy performances from April 24, 2017